cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

My experience with this card is great. I recently had my review. I had originally 200 dollars for a deposit. I then increased it 300 dollars by making another deposit. After some months after paying on time and making several payments in each because sometime i do get close to my limit I finally got a chance to get my account reviewed. They made it unsecured with an increase from 500 to 2000 dollars.
Message 101 of 308
Valued Member

Re: Discover Secured IT Graduation (Data Points)

I was showing heavy use and paying in full. I was told that Discover wanted to see less than 30 percent used. I was unsecured today with 250.00 CLI. Disappointed but at least I will get my 500.00 back. I will attempt for a CLI at the one year mark in July.

Message 102 of 308
Senior Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

I was showing heavy use and paying in full. I was told that Discover wanted to see less than 30 percent used. I was unsecured today with 250.00 CLI. Disappointed but at least I will get my 500.00 back. I will attempt for a CLI at the one year mark in July.

@niecy357   So you had a secured cl of $500 and they cld when you unsecured?  What was your starting limit plz?  Smiley Sad

"MY TAKE HOME PAY DON'T TAKE ME HOME"
Message 103 of 308
Valued Member

Yes, I started with $300.00 and added another 200.00 a few months later. My deposit was 500.00 I graduated  March 13th my closing date was March 10th. My limit now is $750.00 so the CLI was $250.00.

Message 104 of 308
Senior Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

Yes, I started with $300.00 and added another 200.00 a few months later. My deposit was 500.00 I graduated  March 13th my closing date was March 10th. My limit now is $750.00 so the CLI was $250.00.

Oh, okay..okaySmiley Very Happy  Thank goodness I read that wrong....I thought they cld you down to $250 (Big Shew!)  Well, Congrats all the way around!!!!!!

Message 105 of 308
Valued Member

Smiley LOL yeah I was looking forward to 1500-2000 CL but ok happy it graduated and I will be getting my $500.00 deposit back.

Message 106 of 308
Senior Contributor

@niecy357 wrote:

Smiley LOL yeah I was looking forward to 1500-2000 CL but ok happy it graduated and I will be getting my $500.00 deposit back.

Yeah I know...but still it's disappointing to not get a hefty cli.  I'm sure that's gonna be my story too.  At least on your cr it will show as unsecured.  Maybe it will grow a little more and then you can bury it out back and get a better card.  That's my plan, I think.  

Message 107 of 308
Valued Member

I started to build credit with this credit card. I got graduted after 7 months, got my deposit back and limint increse to 1k. I use this card for almost everything.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 108 of 308
New Visitor

This card is great I try to make multiple payments and keep my utilization down to under 10 percent. My credit score is not that good ..about 590/600 range. I will say that the only downside to this card is that not too many places internationally take it.
Message 109 of 308
Valued Member

Yes, you're right. I mostly use it in the US and I have capital one MS that I use when I travel, plus I have other Mexcian CC. The Discover and Capital One helped me to get to 688 credit score.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 110 of 308
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.