Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured.....what gives?

tag
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Discover Secured.....what gives?

So i was approved for my Disco secured card with a $200SL back in July 2017. My 8th statement just cut on the 17th of this month. As of today the card still have not unsecured. What the heck? I have paid off in full, carried over a small balance, you name it! I’m wondering if it would help if i added more to the card to increase the limit? I’m tempted to call Discover up but I don’t want to seem impatient. Somebody help! Current scores 606, 610, 627 (slightly dropped from previous month) At time of approval they were hoovering around 580’ish. Current utilization 59% across all.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured.....what gives?

Hey,

I know how frustrating this can be, I’d probably be the same way if it were me.

Question - have you had any missed, late or returned payments since the account opened? Any one of these can cause a delay in card graduation.
Message 2 of 6
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

gbyyte....no i have never missed a payment or been late. I called Discover today and the rep i spoke with confirmed that my account looked good. She also restated that my account is reviewed automatically to see if it can be unsecured. I guess i’ll just have to be patient. *sigh*
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Goal_Getterwrote:
So i was approved for my Disco secured card with a $200SL back in July 2017. My 8th statement just cut on the 17th of this month. As of today the card still have not unsecured. What the heck? I have paid off in full, carried over a small balance, you name it! I’m wondering if it would help if i added more to the card to increase the limit? I’m tempted to call Discover up but I don’t want to seem impatient. Somebody help! Current scores 606, 610, 627 (slightly dropped from previous month) At time of approval they were hoovering around 580’ish. Current utilization 59% across all.

I see the problem....

Discover likes a TU score of around 640-650 to unsecure.....

Utilizations a little high but not terrible.. should unsecure if you can get your TU score up a little bit..

If you can.. I would add to the deposit 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good I got to know. I recently got my Disco Secured and I want to increase my chances of graduating as soon as possible. I’m currently at 614 FICO (was 534 back in January) so I’ll start adding to my deposit and trying to drop some baddies to help myself.

OP - really sorry to hear the issue. Hopefully they graduate you ASAP. Please update once it does and let us know what did the trick.

Joltdude, thanks for the data!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What may help is bringing your utilization down some as well.
Excellent (0-9%)
Good (10-29%)
Fair (30-50%)
Poor(51-100%)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.