Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Student Open road Card?

tag
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Discover Student Open road Card?

hello i have two question about this card/application

1)i was wondering how hard it is to get approve for this card. I looked at who gave me
credit but didn't find anything.

2)On their application, i see that they don't ask for any income just your name, SSN,
address and school information, whats up with that?

Their office is currently close so i will give them a cal call tomorrow to find out as well.

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-23-2008 11:18 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover Student Open road Card?

They don't ask for income, because you're a starving student.

DD#2 got one from one of those free-water-bottle-for-an-app tables during summer orientation, when she had no credit history at all, zero. (This was 2 years ago.)

So they don't, or didn't, seem to mind lack of history, but I don't know how they are with history with problems.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

oh ok.

Do you think i should apply.

Right now i currently have 1 1/2 years of credit history, 60% utilizations. I was never late on any accounts and never over my like. do you think i have a chance.

Balance / Limit
Cap1- 1845 / 2500 Still open
peachdirect- 1139 / 2000 Close
wamu- 0 / 500 Still open
Jc Penny- 0 / 300 Still open
Credit 1 Bank- 181 / 350 Still open
Personal loan- 843 / 1000 Still open

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-24-2008 07:21 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 3 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. Right now so afraid to apply for anything. LOL
So i just keep righting i guest
Message 4 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

My GF got approved for the Student More card with no history at all whatsoever. If I were you since you say you have no baddies I would give it a shot.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone knows who they pull.
I live & go to school in NY
Message 6 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@shyboy wrote:
Does anyone knows who they pull.
I live & go to school in NY

Discover is a bit of a wild card. They pulled TU on me in VA this month. Sometimes they pull EX though.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

thank you
I might give them a call to find somethings out.
Message 8 of 9
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

earlier today, i apply over the phone for there student open card but was denial but was offered the hsbc direct merchant card. Should i send a recon
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.