Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Website Pre Approval

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Discover Website Pre Approval

I went to see if I was pre approved for a new card and it came back and said "Too many Discover cards" I only have one Discover that was opened in Jan 2015. Has anyone else had this happen to them? My EX FICO was 780 in the online "letter."

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Website Pre Approval

Have you had any other Discover CCs in the past?  Is the one from 2015 still open?

Message 2 of 5
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Have you had any other Discover CCs in the past?  Is the one from 2015 still open?

No, this is the only card I have or ever had.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cory88 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Cory88 I would suggest pulling all three of your credit reports on annualcreditreport.com (it's free weekly until 4/2021) to review them.

Usually that prompt only appears if you have a Discover card under a year old, but since you've had the card for such a long time something else may be at play.

Once you've confirmed that you have no other active or closed recent Discover cards, you can try cold apping.

Is there a reason you want another Discover card? The cashback match is nice, but there were some decent subs on other rotating category cards.

Message 4 of 5
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Cory88 I would suggest pulling all three of your credit reports on annualcreditreport.com (it's free weekly until 4/2021) to review them.

Usually that prompt only appears if you have a Discover card under a year old, but since you've had the card for such a long time something else may be at play.

Once you've confirmed that you have no other active or closed recent Discover cards, you can try cold apping.

Is there a reason you want another Discover card? The cashback match is nice, but there were some decent subs on other rotating category cards.

I just wanted to see if their were any different offer that may me worth me taking, did not need a new card. I looked at all tree reports and I only show one account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.