cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Amex Reporting Time to Credit Bureau's?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Discover and Amex Reporting Time to Credit Bureau's?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with how quickly Discover and Amex typically report balances to the credit bureaus following the cutting of statements.  I have been PIF on these two cards, however this time I went ahead and paid them both off a few days before the statements cut so that they would report $0 balance.  I am doing this mostly to see if having two more revolving accounts showing $0 balance might grab me another point or two.  Once these two cards and one more report $0 balance, I will only have one card reporting a small balance, which I believe we have determined to be good for optimal scoring.  

Anyone recall how quickly Discover and Amex report?  

Thanks!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover and Amex Reporting Time to Credit Bureau's?

Discover is online with all bureaus at max 5 days from stmt cut for me every month, EX 1-2 days, EQ 2-3 days and TU3-5 days is always last. Exception to this is a CLI it will then take 2 stmt cuts before it updates to the CRAs.

Message 2 of 3
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover and Amex Reporting Time to Credit Bureau's?

I am doing this mostly to see if having two more revolving accounts showing $0 balance might grab me another point or two.

Are planning on applying for something?  If not I wouldn't stress it,  whatever gain you get from that can change from month to momth or are you planning on doing this every month from now on?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.