Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and PayPal BC

tag
jkfaria
Valued Member

Discover and PayPal BC

A good week for me.

I apped for Discover in the hopes that once denied I'd be offered the HSBC DiscoverI did indeed receive the denial letter with an 'alternative offer'.  S I called and after a few questions, the CSR said " I can approve you today foe our Discover Open Road,($1000CL) would you like to accept this offer?"   To which I replied, "Why, Yes, please!"

This is pretty unbelievable since Discover is VERY conservative, and my scores are so-so at best (640-667).

And yesterday, I logged in to my PayPal account and GEMB had restored my CL to the original amount of $300!   (Earlier this year, it had been reduced to $160 for unknown reasons.) 

I realize to alot of folks these are 'toy' limits, but I'm pretty happy with my progress...

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ArchEagleJ
Established Member

Re: Discover and PayPal BC

Well I think those "Toy Limits" are pretty awesome!   You gotta get through the toy limits to get to the bigger ones, and I'm right there with you.  Congratulations!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??

2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Message 2 of 5
jkfaria
Valued Member

Thanks, man.  Frankly, I'm not unhappy with my limits at all.  It keeps me in line, so to speak.

Years ago when I had A++ credit and awesome limits, I used and abused my privileges.  I was a single Mom and Homeowner, both Mom and man of the house, and I got in some deep debt and ended up selling my home and eventually in bankruptcy.

It's been am arduous journey, but I have much more knowledge and respect for my finances now.  So no sir, I ain't complaining!!

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! It is a long road back from a BK and it is a trip you must complete one step at a time. Be patient, pay everything on time and keep your head up. My OP completed a BK and now has 800ish FICO's and pretty much anything she wants creditwise. You will get there, too!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.