Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and credit score

I got my Discover Card a little less than 2 months ago and on a lark decided to ask for a CLI. It was a denial due to not enough experience with current credit limit. No surprise. My question though is in the AA letter they listed my TU FICO score as the one they pulled at the time of the application. Since then, they've updated my TU score in the app under the link they provide for your FICO score. My TU score at app was 614. Since then, much has improved and it's now 684. When I finally get around to a real attempt at a CLI I'd like to put my best foot forward. When will Discover start to rely on the updated score?

3 REPLIES 3
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover and credit score

They probably SP at least monthly, or at the time of CLI, not sure.

And, as far as I know (but could be wrong), there is no penalty for requesting a CLI every week. It is fully automated.

But it must be said: do not expect a logical or even comprehensible decision from Discover on a CLI ... good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my Discover Card a little less than 2 months ago ...

I'm not sure about when score will refresh but I do know when you are 1st eligible for a potential CLI -- after the card has been active for three months (they don't need to be full months). Unlike many other lenders, they use calendar months, not days. 

In your case if you opened the card say Feb 7, come May 1st (Feb, March, April) you'd be eligible. No guarantees you'll get one, of course. Smiley Wink But it can happen -- mine was 75 days.

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Discover SPs about 3 days before statement closes. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.