Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover arrived today!

tag
VinceYoung
Valued Member

Discover arrived today!

So, My discover arrived in the mail today!! I had also gotten a letter from AmEx, thinking it was my card. I opened it and it said, "Congratulations you are approved! Your card will show up after this letter." Wait... What? xD I was about to give AmEx major props for the expidited card but it's all good! Anyways, called in to a super nice lady to activate the card and proceeded to browse the website. I will admit, for my personal preferences, the DiscoverShop lacks a little, but it does have some electronic stores and some shoes and clothing stores. I really like the fact walmart is on there since I get an additional 10% off Smiley Wink

I was also curious if the Discover Network had a concierge service. Well of course they do! But I wanted to find out if I had it or if I could qualify for it. The conversation went a little like this:

H*****:Why yes we have a great Concierge Service!

Me: Do I have access to this service, or could I qualify / add this service to my card?

H*****: Let me check!.......... Unfortunately, you do not have this service and we cannot add it at this time. BUT you could qualify for it someday soon and it would just appear under your benifits tab!

Foreshadow??? That would be incredible to get this service, especially if I get it BEFORE I decide to purchase my little vacation down to cancun, to see if they can find a better deal than I have so far.

Starting Score: 637
Current Score: EQ:712 TransRISK: 724
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover arrived today!

Told you it would be there by Sat! What qualifies you for Concierge Service?
Message 2 of 13
VinceYoung
Valued Member

The CSR was very vague on that point actually. She did tell me that the concierge normally comes on Miles, Explorer (at least I think it was explorer), or one other card ( I can't remember)

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's odd... I signed up for MyConcierge by Discover. Is there a different one?

Edit: removed 'unless'
Message 4 of 13
VinceYoung
Valued Member

I have no idea, where do you sign up for it? And are you using the Discover IT? What's your CL?

Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 6 of 13
b_Rad
Established Member

I had no clue what that was until this thread. I just signed up for it through the myconceierge website. I also have the it card. It mentioned nothing about it in the mybenefits section on the discover website.

Starting Score: 583 February 16, 2013
Current Score: EQ 634 April 11 TU 645 (Walmart) April 2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challe
Message 7 of 13
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Ooohhh I hadn't heard about the MyConcierge perk, thanks for the link Lexie!

I just registered directly thru their site.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 8 of 13
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Tip:

Hover over "card benefits" and choose "view all benefits"  from the drop down.

Scroll down to the bottom half of the screen under "travel well" headline.

I see a "my concierge" link there along with things like travel/baggage insurance, emergency roadside assist. etc.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 9 of 13
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Let me guess, it'd be right below the Auto Rental Insurance option under "Travel Well" section. I don't have it. 

Ah... It's these little things that keep me grounded and remind me that I'm just getting started in my credit jorney Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.