cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto CLIs: Always after cycle ends?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover auto CLIs: Always after cycle ends?

I got thinking about this after reading about Discover auto CLIs in another thread.  Those that have received auto CLIs from Discover, when did you receive it relative to your statement period ending?

I received one last month on the 6th.  Cycle ends on the 1st, TU FICO score updates on the 3rd (dated almost a week earlier in the 28th) and account gets reported to the bureaus on the 4th monthly.  I'm wondering if the majority of Discover auto CLIs come just after these events or if there is no consistency and they are just given out randomly throughout the month.  Based on my one experience I'm curious of they tend to come more often just following a cycle.  Can anyone chime in on this as to when they received an auto CLI relative to their monthly cycle?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover auto CLIs: Always after cycle ends?

Every time I have received a CLI it happened on the 12th of the month, They pull my new FICO score around the 3rd and my payment due date is the 4th I usually get a statement generated around the 9th or so. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info.  Between you and I, so far we're 2 for 2 on auto CLIs coming shortly after the cycle ends. 

Anyone else?

Message 3 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

May last year, same day auto-CLI for me and DW. Mine was 4 days after statement close, her's was 2 days before statement close.

Both were a few days after the score date.

For her like 4 days, for me 10.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.

In fact all of mine have been on the same day of the month. My statement cuts on the 5th and everytime I've received an auto cli it has been on the 9th. I have received 8 in total, so that's a decent sample size.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good data points here.  I'd guess based on the responses that the majority gets auto CLIs just after Discover reports / updates your FICO score.

That said, a possibly smart strategy for CLIs would be to wait until this date passes each month, then attempt a manual CLI whether you receive an auto CLI or not.  If you pull the trigger on a manual CLI say 3 days before an auto CLI may come and get it, no doubt the chances of you getting the auto CLI a few days later is slim to none.  However, we do know the opposite is possible... that is, getting an auto CLI and then the next day asking for and receiving a manual CLI.  Just something to keep in mind for Discover card holders going forward that are building their credit limit.

Message 6 of 17
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know Discover did auto CLIs this much. All of mine (4 or 5) have been manual.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 7 of 17
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I get all auto CLI. I've never gotten a manual. I got two in the last 6 weeks. One for $500 and one for $2500.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it varies from profile to profile.  I know there are people out there who have had a Discover card for years and have never received an auto CLI, then there are others that get them quite frequently.  I received an auto CLI on Day 77 of my account, before I ever requested a manual one.  I did request a manual CLI about a week later, and got one slightly in excess of the amount of the auto CLI ($4000 vs $3800).

Message 9 of 17
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

When you say manual are you talking soft pull or hard pull? Interestingly, I never use the card and the most I ever put on it was $48 lol. I do run about $20 a month through it just to keep it active.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.