cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto CLIs: Always after cycle ends?

tag
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover auto CLIs: Always after cycle ends?

I got the card in June and had an auto CLI of $1000 ($3k to 4k) on 9/9. Statement closes the 5th as well. 

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what annoys me the most? 

I see people here getting manual credit line increases between 60-90 days and I can't get it... Their response? "Insufficent time with current credit limit." Ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

When you say manual are you talking soft pull or hard pull? Interestingly, I never use the card and the most I ever put on it was $48 lol. I do run about $20 a month through it just to keep it active.

By manual I just mean self-initiated (non-auto) which can be done online on their site.  This does not result in a hard pull, and it uses your previous soft pull data in the decision process.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I see people here getting manual credit line increases between 60-90 days and I can't get it... Their response? "Insufficent time with current credit limit." Ridiculous. 

I think 9 times out of 10 the "reason" creditors give you for a denial is pretty bogus and/or ambiguous.  I don't put much weight in them, as you can always point to a handful of people that were approved that had the same thing going on. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Auto CLI

BrutalBodyShots:

My experience with them is exactly like yours.  Discover statement closed the 7th,  reported 12/9; statement still shows SL. Today I noticed a 1400 Auto Cli.

Fairly new to the card, but very much liking the 5% categories. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto CLI!  If you'd like to double up, hit the credit limit increase button online RIGHT AWAY and there's a 99% chance you'll get another instant CLI and it should be just about the same amount that you got from your auto.  I suggest taking advantage of this ASAP since auto CLIs are pretty rare relative to requested ones!

Message 16 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Boy do I ever feel your pain.

Only yesterday did I finally get a larger than 500 CLI and a whole week BEFORE the 90+ day statement cut at that.

The above new surprise EXCLUDES that famous summer train where I was able to reel in CLI's every 17 days for $1K at a time for some weeks.

In addition, it was IMHO only because my FICO Score drastically went up plus I also recently zeroed out a 3 month BT which might have helped with that too.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.