Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover balance transfer offers gone

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Discover balance transfer offers gone

Hello everybody hope you're having a great day. Have any of you had all balance transfers dissapear from your Discover account and then come back? for the past year and seven months I've always had balance transfer offers until recently.

As of 11/28/2018
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover balance transfer offers gone

Yes, they do come and go. Most of these offers are not permanent by any means.

Hop on chat or call them to see whether there are any that may not be displayed online.
Message 2 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

When you DO see them again, click through the first page and it will list at the bottom when the offer expires...

After that, there may or may not be an offer waiting for you.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 16
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

I will reach out to them today just to check. That is true. My second Discover card has an offer with an expiration date. I just always had them so I never thought much about it. Should of pulled the trigger faster on my transfer.

As of 11/28/2018
Message 4 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Mine have never gone away and I can't recall a time when DW didn't have them, but certainly others have reported them coming and going.

Message 5 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Np1791 wrote:

Hello everybody hope you're having a great day. Have any of you had all balance transfers dissapear from your Discover account and then come back? for the past year and seven months I've always had balance transfer offers until recently.

I recently had one of the two offers disappear for a couple of months, and then reappear.

The reappearance occurred after they'd sent me a survey, and I griped about it, but I don't know if the reappearance was connected to that or not.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 16
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

I've had them for the longest time, was considering a transfer but my credit limit was too low. Requested an increase online (30-day train), got approved, and then they disappeared. Thanks Disco!

Message 7 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My first card had it all year. Got hit by Maria and Disco told my offers fo kick rocks..why I'm hear when you do a bt from Disco can you have it deposited to your checking?
Message 8 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
My first card had it all year. Got hit by Maria and Disco told my offers fo kick rocks..why I'm hear when you do a bt from Disco can you have it deposited to your checking?

Yes, you can always DO that, but without a specific offer, it can be a "cash advance" instead of a BT.  Read carefully, as sometimes they offer both, none, and one or the other...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the Discover IT card, they do disappear after a while, however they come back really fast you just have to keep on checking. The "IT" card is good at that.

I personally like having two cards that are notorious for BT offers (i.e. DP and "It" card) so if one doesn't have a BT offer for 0% APR, most likely the other one will. I know to some people it's a waste having two, but I personally love never having to wait to for a BT offer that gives me 0% APR to appear Smiley Happy

Good luck to you!

@Np1791 wrote:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.