I got  the 10.99 APR with a 793 EQ score 

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 11 of 17
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Discover being funny

I don't really need the card right now though. However, if they offered 10.99 I may bite.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your AAoA?
Message 13 of 17
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is your AAoA?

Only about 2 years.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What is your AAoA?

Only about 2 years.

You'll be waiting a while for that 10.99% then. Long enough that you could get your rate lowered to that if you just applied now.

Message 15 of 17
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What is your AAoA?

Only about 2 years.

You'll be waiting a while for that 10.99% then. Long enough that you could get your rate lowered to that if you just applied now.

True. I have been watching them reduce their offered APR every couple months for the past year or so. Who knows though, I might just include it in my mini-spree in the summer Smiley Very Happy

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What is your AAoA?

Only about 2 years.

True. I have been watching them reduce their offered APR every couple months for the past year or so. Who knows though, I might just include it in my mini-spree in the summer Smiley Very Happy

To my mind, same "mistake" as waiting for an improved bonus when the card could benefit you now.

A) Do you intend to regularly carry a balance on the card (or is this "just in case")?  If so, how much?  Then work out the difference between what 10.99 would cost vs the rate in your offer. 

B) Then: can you benefit from the card?  (If not, probably not worth getting anyway!)   How much could you use the 5% categories and how much more would you get than your current best card.

If the figure in B is greater than the increased interest costs in A, not much point waiting.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.