cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover bomb: CLD after 4x CLI in 2 months.

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Discover bomb: CLD after 4x CLI in 2 months.

Hear hear!!Smiley Happy
Message 51 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover CL still there... Smiley Happy and waiting for the next round Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked also.  All the same.  And if they wish to take it away,  I'll live.  I still think he didn't use it enough for his cl.  Just paid mine off again & am ready to charge after statement cuts.  And yes, I will hit that luv button on June 8th!  Smiley Wink  Machines rule!

Message 53 of 99
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Hmmm...well that's too bad for your friend, OP.

BTW I received a $1000 CLI from them in early May, so decided to pull the trigger again 5 min ago and...another $1000!  So it looks like the luv button still works!Smiley Wink

I've gone from 3K to 4K to 5K.  No transactions this month other than paying off my balance to $0.

Message 54 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hit the button this morning and received another 1k CLI. Of course Discover has been seeing a decent amount of usage from me the last 5 months as their categories are ones I use plenty. I swore I did not eat out enough to hit the 1.5k in 3 months...already at 1.3k...maybe I do need overlapping 5% cards Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 99
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Just checked mine and still the same. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 56 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go:

Message 57 of 99
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I hit the button yesterday and got my $1K CLI.   Then today I got the letter from a decline last week (I think I was too early) giving a totally bogus reason for CLI denial (basically DTI) and no mention of aasking too soon.  Guess the DTI problem went away a few days later!

Message 58 of 99
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Meh, I am thinking shenanigans, but I am a hard person to convince. Anytime someone starts off a story with "This happened to a friend of mine..." credibility goes down a notch. I like first hand accounts. Second, helping this friend with a 760 score who PIF every month and has low utilization get his score higher for a mortgage later this year? If that doesn't add up, I don't know what does...

I'll put more credence into it when it happens to someone first hand.

Nothing personal, but people tend to embelish or leave out truths. And to be fair, we don't know how honest the "friend" is being to the OP.

Message 59 of 99
lonnyphillips
Valued Member

I think it really sad that people on here have to always assume BS or that they dont believe what someone is saying. I know most of us come here for help and support, why cant it remain that way?  Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 99
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.