Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover bummed me out

tag
lagb
Contributor

Discover bummed me out

I applied for and was denied by Discover.  They pulled my TU, which doesn't have any derogatory late payments and I just cleaned it up really well.  I wanted to transfer some higher interest cards to a new card, but nope, when I called to recon, they said that my balances were too high for debt to limit ratio and I'd have to get those lowered before they'll reconsider...Smiley Mad  Uhhh... when I get those lowered, I'll probably not use CCs much, so it defeats the purpose, doesn't it??  grrr

My total CC balance is $1600 with higher interest rates.  Discover had a 3.99 balance transfer rate.  That bummed me out that I can't take advantage of that. 

I already closed out my Orchard Bank card with the high interest and annual fee.  It was only 3 years old, so it shouldn't affect my average age much.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover bummed me out

@lagb wrote:

I applied for and was denied by Discover.  They pulled my TU, which doesn't have any derogatory late payments and I just cleaned it up really well.  I wanted to transfer some higher interest cards to a new card, but nope, when I called to recon, they said that my balances were too high for debt to limit ratio and I'd have to get those lowered before they'll reconsider...Smiley Mad  Uhhh... when I get those lowered, I'll probably not use CCs much, so it defeats the purpose, doesn't it??  grrr

My total CC balance is $1600 with higher interest rates.  Discover had a 3.99 balance transfer rate.  That bummed me out that I can't take advantage of that. 

I already closed out my Orchard Bank card with the high interest and annual fee.  It was only 3 years old, so it shouldn't affect my average age much.

I take it you app'ed for Motiva. Any reason Motiva over More?

What did you state for your income on the app? What is your UTIL %?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.