Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card - Last frontier

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Discover card - Last frontier

I have co-branded discover cards. I could not get the real Discover card so far. May be I'll try for it again next year some time. It is last card I need to get to complete my stable of cards.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card - Last frontier

You can have mine.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get a co-branded credit cards from Discover?
Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

I have the Discover More Card.  I can't wait until the CLI start rolling in. 
Message 4 of 10
jkfaria
Valued Member

It's my understanding that you can get an HSBC Discover by applying for a Discover card, being denied but receiving a"counter offer" for the HSBC Discover.

This is what I was shooting for a couple months ago when Discover surprisingly approved me for the Open Road card.  NO way I wouldn't accept their offer...

My scores are in the 650-675 range.

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I hope this is not a TJ, but may be relevant to OP since it is a Discover question which OP hopes to get soon.

DI - can you tell me more about expected CLI's with Discover.  I got mine in March or April and it was by far my lowest CL of my recent app spree.  I almost canceled it, but many here convinced me it was a good prime card regardless of CL initially.

Message 6 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

My Discover More card CL is $2500.  With the card, there were a message informing me the account will be reviewed every 3 months for one year to get auto credit limit increases.  After the initial first year,  the account will be reviewed yearly for auto credit limit increases. 
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

problem with requires heavy useage I think used as my #1 card the fist two month's until realze what I was losing after I only for promos shopdiscover and cash over got it 9/07 9 month's got an $800 cli nothing since.

and $7.50 when you can $30 any number of other cardrs isn't a good deal

@DI wrote:

Message 8 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

problem with requires heavy useage I think used as my #1 card the fist two month's until realze what I was losing after I only for promos shopdiscover and cash over got it 9/07 9 month's got an $800 cli nothing since.

and $7.50 when you can $30 any number of other cardrs isn't a good deal

I agree. Using Discover Card as a daily card is not a good rewards deal. Much better cards out there to maximize rewards. I have also had difficulty with Discover not calculating the 5% rewards accurately. You must watch them closely and make sure they pay the rewards you are owed. I have been cheated several times. IMHO they are a little shady and a little less than prime. CLI's are few and far between.
Message 9 of 10
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

One of the most common complaints about Discover is their CLs. Discover simply does not give high credit limits. It seems it's just not their MO. If you want a Discover, expect that the CL may be less than satisfying. Get it for their rewards. The rewards are very good, as long as you wisely choose when to use it depending on what is giving 5% back at that moment in time.

Also we can thank Discover for cards that don't have annual fees, as they were the very first CCC to offer such a thing.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.