cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card Question to Ponder an Answer..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card Question to Ponder an Answer..

Hi All,

My Question Is, Yes I've searched here, but Not much relating to My Particular Scenario I could find. But MY Story is I had a Pretty bad Motorcycle wreck On My Harley August 15, 2000...  I was flown to MD shock trauma with a bunch of broken bones, etc etc. Eventually sued  insurance Companies of the lady who made a wrong turn in front of me, and favorably won my lawsuit few years later. But during that time my bills went Very OooOPS... well of course I couldn't work, etc etc... Fast forward year or 2 after, I was sued by Discover, they won, And eventually after healing, Therapy all that, Went back to light duty at my job, My wages were garnished, and eventually I paid It all back including their legal fees. I have the Letter of "SATISFIED". Now my wreck was in 2000, satisfied the debt with them in like 2004. Long fell off my CRA's all that... BUT... How are My chances with my story and Re-Applying for a Discover card ?? Like I said... LONG off CRa's, credit is VERY, very GOOD, and Strong AGAIN NOW, But I'm sure they remember.  BUT back then I PIF and their lawyer fees for them to get the judgement, all that... What do yall think...???

Thanks you,

Super Kudo's Too All... !!!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card Question to Ponder an Answer..

I would try their prequal.

If it gives you a set APR, it's pretty solid and reliable.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes prequal site said IT & Chrome and maybe another cards were available 4 me... Is it like Chase that lists a specific APR there, and that means a More Positive Indicator?? Remember I mentioned, I PIF, 15 + years now ago,  Don't NOT pay your bill's or get really Injured, At the time I had to pay my mortgage while raising my 4 kids at the time I was injured... But also was a longggg time ago.... Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 11
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

In my opinion you are all good.

I don't see anything that would prevent a Disco approval for you.

If the prequal site has cards for you- it's most likely pretty solid. 

Good Luck!!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya Peek-aboo-Icu, and Any1 Else,

Buttt, have you seen or read anything here, or anywhere with Disco kinda like my similar situation, and was Ultimatley successful...???

Thankz... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Your facts are unlike most others. However, I agree with @Pikaboo-icu in that if Disco is giving you the prequels, they are typically reliable regardless of prior issues. They are one of the more forgiving lenders in general (obviously notwithstanding the lawsuit). But as with anything here and in life, YMMV. If you’re wanting a stone-cold-lock of an answer, we can’t give you that.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TTulaw,

Thankx 4 the answer,

BUT, 

I know, But somewhere I was Wondering, And Pondering Hence My post of "MY" situation, Someone somewhere has gone & done the same scenario...I surely can Just app It and wing it...  But just Topicing and to see some data Point's before I do It ... I kinda screwed up on calling Amex the other Day, ... Check that Post I have, Even More Years Earlier, But... Just don't want to same mistake with Disco...

So Thanx Again, Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
jamie123
Valued Contributor

You need to go for it! Your scores are great, you paid them in full and it was a long time ago.

I've been forgiven for much much worse behavior by lenders.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 8 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You got a solid APR. Slam that submit button. AMEX is in a league on its own with blacklisting. Hey if I was approved 16 months out of BK. You should be go to go. Heck its only 1 HP on 1 report (most of the time). Life is short. Go for the gold!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

you got me curious op... Did you go for it? Did you get the card? 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.