Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card current bal question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card current bal question

Ok logging on the app I see the current bal and the aval credit my balance is $373.53 but my credit available is $179 if my credit limit is $800 it seems like if I pay my current bal off in full I'm not going to have my full $800.. maybe I'm looking atsomething wrong?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Discover card current bal question

Do you have any purchses that havnt posted yet?  Unposted transactions still effect your available CL even tho they arent showing up

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree with this. It more than likely is one or multiple transactions that have not posted to your account yet, and are currently in "pending" status. Usually, with them, that takes a couple of days.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have to wait for it to clear to PIF? I did a payment today and it still has yet to show up in the account other then it's still pending.. I assume it take longer for the first one?

I'm going on vacation the week of July 11th so that's why I'm trying to get it paid off.

I just called Discover to find out why the payment still has yet to post when I did it like 5 AM and they said it will most likey be reflected on saturday.. I'm only concerned because I used this card to book a hotel in Flordia and I have to pay the rest of the balance when I arrive on the 11th of July I can't be waiting 5 days for a payment to post.

This day in age we are still waiting this long for still to be paid??

Message 4 of 8
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

When you pay Discover it usually posts the next day. I have never had it reflect my payment instantly or same day. Most CCs take atleast a day and sometimes if you make a payment on Friday the payment wont post until Monday. The only card I have seen that posts payments any faster is Amex.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's Discover that holds the first payment(s) and is also weird about multiple payments when the account is new-ish. If your card is important on your vacation, I'd call and ask them details. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I screwed up something now.. I tried to pay with my CU.. but they use a werid account number it just says pending but I can't stop it and going to the Discover site says I can't pay the current blance because it would cause it to have a credit balance.

This is the only thing stressing me out is how long it takes.. I paid almost all of my cap 1 balance but $100 and it's already posted and done.. I think I saw someone talk about sears.. can you pay in person would it be faster?

I called Discover again they assured they can take the money from the CU (they have 5 digit account numbers) as long as the zeros fill up the extra spaces I should be fine.. they said it should post tonight.

I asked her is this because the card is new? As of right now I don't feel very sure about that payments will post if recved by 5 PM I did it Friday morning like 10 AM

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It usually posts next business day ... In this case that's Tuesday
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.