Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card delivery time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card delivery time

Just curious - anyone care to comment how long it took you to get your Discover card from date of approval to arrival in the mailbox? Most cards I’ve gotten said 7-10 days. The guy at Discover yesterday told me it’ll arrive “in a few days” - should I watch this week or realistically not sweat the mailbox until next week?

I’m in upstate NY if it matters. Not sure where they’re based.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card delivery time

Seems like mine was 5-7 business days, which is about the same as 7-10 days.  

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious - anyone care to comment how long it took you to get your Discover card from date of approval to arrival in the mailbox? Most cards I’ve gotten said 7-10 days. The guy at Discover yesterday told me it’ll arrive “in a few days” - should I watch this week or realistically not sweat the mailbox until next week?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured that would probably be the case but wasn’t sure. My more recent cards are nothing special and took that long. The IT card is definitely a better, higher-class card so I wasn’t sure if it might come a little sooner. Leaving town this weekend and wondered if I should have my neighbor grab the mail while I’m gone. Looks like it may not be an issue - thank you 👍
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The following thread can provide some context on this typically asked question:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Why-haven-t-I-received-an-email-from-Discover-after-ap...
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I was told up to 14 days. It arrived on day 14. I'm in California.

Message 5 of 10
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

It was in the 7-10 day range for me and iirc it arrived in a fancy shipping box. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine in about 4 days if I remember correctly--in a fancy box.  My Mom was just approved last week on Wednesday,  according to Informed Delivery from the post office hers is in the mailbox today. We're in TN

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good everyone, thanks for the feedback. Finstar, that thread was a fun read lol.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 days for me in California.  I called and they gave me a tracking #.  It came in a fancy box.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called on Wednesday also, at someone’s advice. They gave me the tracking as well. Looking like today or tomorrow (waiting for the next text update). It says tomorrow as of now, but it’s already here in town so it may be today.

For a data point on this in the future, I was approved last Sunday, and I’ll have the card today or tomorrow, making the app-to-spend timeframe 5 or 6 calendar days to my house in upstate NY.

EDIT/UPDATE - delivery status is now updated to today, making it 5 calendar days from SLC UT to upstate NY in my case.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.