Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card ending worries?

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Re: Discover card ending worries?

I just worry because that has always been my favorite card! I'm hoping I get a prequalification online in 6 months. Because then I'll know I am off the blacklist. The three times I applied since my BK7 in August I got status of prior/existing account. I even offered to pay since it was only a few hundred I had included but the rep was like nah we can't do that. Just wait we let people come back even if they include us. 

Message 11 of 21
CreditChemistry
Established Member

Did you miss all the high dollar Super Bowl commercials? 😂😂 I see them sticking around for the long haul. 

Message 12 of 21
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I highly doubt Discover is going anywhere, I had my 1st card in the 1990's. Have two as I type.

I would not worry yourselfSmiley Happy

Got it at Sears. Greenwood Trust was the name of the bank back then, I believe.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 13 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I highly doubt Discover is going anywhere, I had my 1st card in the 1990's. Have two as I type.

I would not worry yourselfSmiley Happy

Got it at Sears. Greenwood Trust was the name of the bank back then, I believe.

"Greenwood Trust" yes that's it, would have never remebered that name .. until you mentioned it.

I remember getting a Tri-Fold paper application .. filling out and sending by snail mail.

Talk about the old days of having to have patienceSmiley Very Happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discover_Card

The card looked "like" this one ....

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Lol my Grandma has had hers since 1986 I have a copy because I'm AU on it in my wallet. I chose the Dawn of Discover design. But I can't use it freely because it's her card. She said I could but I don't feel right using it. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anything, I could see Discover offering a different rewards program in 2 years.  But as far as Discover disappearing, I highly doubt it.   I wouldn't worry.  It'll be here waiting for you to apply when you're able.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are closing their doors. The word is they are waiting for Anonymous514 to get off the black list and then close down so that the card will just be a memory to Anonymous514.  Thanks, I like the card and now we all are going to lose it.

Message 17 of 21
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Discover was founded in 1911 and is owned by Morgan Stanley. They're not going anywhere.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 18 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:

Discover was founded in 1911 and is owned by Morgan Stanley. They're not going anywhere.

https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYSSmiley Very HappyFS

Morgan Stanley spun it off in 2007.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Just like all FI, Disco is being more cautious. Accountable to shareholders. Card benefits will tighten, as they have. So will lending, but going nowhere. No worries!!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.