cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card with high credit limit.

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover card with high credit limit.

DPs for Discover are all over the place, as BBS said, both usage and non-usage has gotten people CLIs. I consider that a hit-or-miss. I've tried using Disco as my daily driver and got $500 CLI every few months. I've cut it down even more now as I don't see a point in making it my daily driver other then the categories. My Disco is now 29K but I combined 2 cards. My spending for this year has barely hit 1K so far so, I have barely any usage on it. I did get a $500 CLI when I combined both cards so, I'll be testing it again in a few weeks. As far as Discover goes, there really is no rhyme or reason to how they give CLIs. After going through so many DP's, I don't see a point in trying to figure out how Discover works since there's no true method to their madness.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 11 of 41
firefox100
Valued Contributor

What is income you , that must play big part in what Discover looks at. Ther must be some logic and Rules behind how thay go about decideing what cl to give out, it is done by computer ai.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our combined income is 130k. Also our CLI was done over the phone and not online due to them wanting verification from both of us. I guess disco for me will be like my Capone, no luv..
Message 13 of 41
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Discover gives me love today. I just got off the phone with Discover and got an increase from 25500 to 27,000 what nice people to deal with. I called and customer service ask me couple of questions what was my total income I said 75K year and she said hold on, then she said you will need to talk credit department, I thought no go. The lady from credit department said I need to ask you couple questions she also ask me what my income and how long was I in business also what saving and stock holding. Then she your income correct and I said yes what the problem then she said system show 750K, I said no that is incorrect it is 75k. Ok sir customer service must have put in extra 0, I whish I made that much money, the lady was verry nice and said your new cl 27k, only 1500 increase. what great company to work with.

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon from from opening it is safe to ask for a CLI? I got a pop up online a month ago to update my info for CLI's etc and nada lol. They opened me 11 months ago at 9500.00 with scores right at 700.
Message 15 of 41
firefox100
Valued Contributor

11 months is OK, but questions is what is your balance on your discover and how many payments did you make how much wher thay and how much do owe on all your account and what is your utilization.

Message 16 of 41
firefox100
Valued Contributor

If you want give some info like income and how many accounts you have total cl, if you have been late in paspast cocople years. Then we may be able to give you an Idear. Just so you know Discover does soft pull wont hurt your cr.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft oull is great info. Im retired and at 65k a year. I have had low usage but use it monthly, I PIF every month, my last CA has been taken care if and should be off in a couple weeks. I have a Charge Off but it hasn't updated in 5 years.
Message 18 of 41
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discussing the insanity of Miss Disco and getting a CLI...someone hold my beer.....Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hold on @joltdude  i got ya!....🍺🎱😄

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.