Did you mean: 

Discover card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Think theres a misconception about the gravy train. It seems to be over for members like myself who got 6 increases within like 3 months. But if you're just starting with Discover increases thats different. At least thats how I see it from reading lots of posts here on the subject. Smiley Very Happy Train might still be rolling for others but we've exhausted our love!

Haha those were the good ole days. What fun we had! Smiley Happy The Discover cli train where we were getting clis every 16 or 17 days for 3 straight months this past spring is definitely over. However, they are certainly still giving out clis. But just not like during that time period. Smiley Sad

Hi, I'm looking for some input.  I got my card 3 months ago, they started me at 1800, then at the 2 month point they auto increased it to 2300.  I am considering asking for the 90 increase I've been hearing about.  How much is acceptable to ask for? Is 6000 unreasonable? Or am I more likely to be turned down for asking higher?

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Think theres a misconception about the gravy train. It seems to be over for members like myself who got 6 increases within like 3 months. But if you're just starting with Discover increases thats different. At least thats how I see it from reading lots of posts here on the subject. Smiley Very Happy Train might still be rolling for others but we've exhausted our love!

Haha those were the good ole days. What fun we had! Smiley Happy The Discover cli train where we were getting clis every 16 or 17 days for 3 straight months this past spring is definitely over. However, they are certainly still giving out clis. But just not like during that time period. Smiley Sad

Hi, I'm looking for some input.  I got my card 3 months ago, they started me at 1800, then at the 2 month point they auto increased it to 2300.  I am considering asking for the 90 increase I've been hearing about.  How much is acceptable to ask for? Is 6000 unreasonable? Or am I more likely to be turned down for asking higher?

It never hurts to ask!

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IIRC, I don't think you can ask for a specific amount.

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always ask for more

if they can't meet the amount you want, they'll counter 

this is assuming you call in

if you do it via online they simply ask for

1. Income

2. Employer

3. Mortgage/rent payment per month

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

they don't let you choose the amount though
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing major i have notice other than pay your bill ontime and or early.

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well darn, I finally decided to hit the increase button today, but there wasn't a spot to request a certain amount like I had heard about on here.  I got a 1000 inc.  that's better than nothing but I had hoped it would be higher.  How often do people ask for increases?

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's still a good increase. also people have gotten them 17-21 days in between and some get them 3 months in between. YMMV big time. just increase it if you need it, not just because it's there.
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
that's still a good increase. also people have gotten them 17-21 days in between and some get them 3 months in between. YMMV big time. just increase it if you need it, not just because it's there.

Thank you for the information.  I have extremely low usage, like 3% total on all my cards but my credit limit is low and I like to get it at least to the 6000 my usaa card started at.  I'm happy to receive the increase though Smiley Wink doesn't having more available to you boost your credit scores?

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

not if you're reporting 3% utilization. i report under 1% so if i had $10k in credit or my current $80k it makes no difference. your score won't be effected much. just the report.
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.