Did you mean: 

Discover cashback at stores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover cashback at stores?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ohhhh. I see. Clever of them. Smiley Wink

Think about it this way, Would it be fair if you did $120 of cash every day, earning a minimum of $438/yr in cashback for that cash withdrawn?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes but If you do pay in full it's pretty convenient. I still wonder if doing it too much would hurt your internal score with Discover.

I doubt it. I just called to get my Discover with chip and they offered to send it over night for free. I doubt they would do that if I had a low internal score.

Hmm ... maybe your reputation precedes you Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes but If you do pay in full it's pretty convenient. I still wonder if doing it too much would hurt your internal score with Discover.

I doubt it. I just called to get my Discover with chip and they offered to send it over night for free. I doubt they would do that if I had a low internal score.

Hmm ... maybe your reputation precedes you Smiley Wink

I don't get it. Do they usually charge for this? They never have for us.

Message 13 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:
The only minor gotcha is if you don't PIF your paying purchase interest on the cash, at least its not Cash advance interest.

Well the purchase interest only applies if you outside of the 14month or 18 month 0 percent apr rate. i still have 11 months to go. so no charge what so ever .. you can actually get up to 120 dollars per day. but i never actually did it on my discover. did it on my walmart. before i Sded it for good. ive had my walmart for about 8 months. got 1 lowsy 150 cli. when others rising fast. so i said. i don't need it. good riddance.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:
The only minor gotcha is if you don't PIF your paying purchase interest on the cash, at least its not Cash advance interest.

Well the purchase interest only applies if you outside of the 14month or 18 month 0 percent apr rate. i still have 11 months to go. so no charge what so ever .. you can actually get up to 120 dollars per day. but i never actually did it on my discover. did it on my walmart. before i Sded it for good. ive had my walmart for about 8 months. got 1 lowsy 150 cli. when others rising fast. so i said. i don't need it. good riddance.

I'll usually do this if I have to pick up some cash to replenish what I usually carry ($40, or $200 depending if traveling)

Message 15 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ohhhh. I see. Clever of them. Smiley Wink

Think about it this way, Would it be fair if you did $120 of cash every day, earning a minimum of $438/yr in cashback for that cash withdrawn?

If it worked that way, yes it would be fair!   But the gain would be too small for that much work

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.