Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover credit card combine.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover credit card combine.

My wife combined her Discover Miles and IT card. Kept IT card opens since that was the oldest. They updated her limit to $20,500. It was showing the miles account is closed. She logged in yesterday the card is open again! Even checked few mins ago it is open. Anyone experience this before?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover credit card combine.

I have no personal experience with this, but I can tell you that I would just call Discover and ask them to clarify. Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible there's some backend cleanup needed with the processing of the closing.

Give it a few days to work through the system and all should be fine.  If not then contact them again say next week and see what the issue is.

I suppose in the meantime you could simply FREEZE the card through the portal as well.

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes OP, this seems to be a backend issue which eventually sorts itself out. Of course, the card can no longer be used since it's closed. The CRAs will reflect the tradeline as closed accordingly.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe not the issue, but also make sure she clears her cache. Some of these credit card portals do weird things when using cached data.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as of now it's still open. We are going to keep checking. Hopefully they will leave that open as a bonus lol.

Message 6 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

When I did this, it didn’t show up closed until the following month. I’m pretty sure it was after the stament closed.

Message 7 of 10
Poppa
Established Contributor

Can you move most of the limit and leave the card open?
FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

I've seen that done before.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

They asked what amount she wanted to move.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.