cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover didn't report new post-CLI limit?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover didn't report new post-CLI limit?

Just as a data point re: the $2.99 thing - since the Q4 categories weren't useful for me, I did a BT on my Discover after my statement closed, and to eliminate any questionable interest accruing I PIF prior to my statement close.  My CLI to $8k was during my previous cycle and my statement balance was $0, and it updated as $0/$8000 on all three reports. I think something just got goofed in the reporting, and it likely has nothing to do with statement balance.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of updates here everyone.  In chat yesterday afternoon I asked a representative why my new credit limit post-CLI wasn't reported.  They said they didn't know, but asked if I wanted them to off-cycle report it again.  I said sure, go ahead.  15-20 seconds later they responded, "I just did it, you're all set."  Today I received an alert from Credit Works that the CLI showed up (Experian).  In checking WalletHub (TransUnion) I don't see the new limit there yet.  Anyway, it was pretty cool that the Discover rep handled that so quick.

Interesting though, is that my $2.99 statement balance which reported as $0 on 11/5 now reported as $2 on 11/7 when they did the off-cycle reporting. 

Message 12 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

From the reports I've seen on this forum, Discover certainly seems to be the most accommodating on mid-cycle reporting by request.  Between that and Chase's reporting of $0 balances mid-cycle, they'd be great lenders to use if one is mortgage shopping! Glad they took care of you, but yeah it's weird that the $2 suddenly appeared again.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I thought so.  Maybe I'll pay it down to $0 and try my luck at another mid-cycle reporting, LOL.  It's not a big deal really, but I'm going to be requesting a HP CLI from Citi any day now and with the $2 balance on Discover I'm at 3/7 cards on EQ showing a balance, where previously I was at 2/7.  I'm under 50% regardless, so I'm sure it's not a big deal.  My other two cards showing balances are at $1.00 and $1.00, so it's not like Citi is going to see a lot of dollars, I just don't know how they feel about number of accounts with balances.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.