Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is officially my lowest limit on major cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is officially my lowest limit on major cards

Can't wait for my discover  card to start growing. As of today it is officially my lowest limit major card.  (It just unsecured last month). It will be exciting to watch it grow. I have to give all the props with rebuilding my credit to this site. Less than 2 years ago I could only get a secured card and now I have over $25k of available  unsecured credit.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover is officially my lowest limit on major cards

Congrats on getting your Discover card unsecured!  My experience has been that if you treat it well, it will grow very nicely for you!  

Congrats!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your growth! People tend to get caught up in CL's on this site.
Message 3 of 24
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I'm with you on Discover being my lowest limit card... it's useless to me with a 1k limit Smiley Sad! Hope yours grows!
Message 4 of 24
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success 👍 Looking at your cards line up, I'll bet this time next year Discover would be your highest limit 💰😎

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Congrats on your success 👍 Looking at your cards line up, I'll bet this time next year Discover would be your highest limit 💰😎

Congrats OP..

I wish for that too.. :-)

Read so many Discover IT owners on how fast this card grows and only hit you with SL with CLI's.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP on your Discover unsecuring! Now, watch your limit grow.  So many data points show that Discover can grow with you!

Message 7 of 24
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Awesome, I love Discover, they grow very nicely!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Congrats! I'm with you on Discover being my lowest limit card... it's useless to me with a 1k limit Smiley Sad! Hope yours grows!

I'm still pretty new to credit cards, so I'm used to dealing with low limits, but how is a 1K limit "useless"? I get that higher would be better, but it certainly seems plenty usable. I've only got a $1200 limit in my Citi card (my 2nd highest limit), but I've already put $2300 on it this cycle with 10 days remaining (and it's currently showing a $0 balance).

Message 9 of 24
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

I'm still pretty new to credit cards, so I'm used to dealing with low limits, but how is a 1K limit "useless"? I get that higher would be better, but it certainly seems plenty usable. I've only got a $1200 limit in my Citi card (my 2nd highest limit), but I've already put $2300 on it this cycle with 10 days remaining (and it's currently showing a $0 balance).

Prevents the ability to make a big purchase or finance a large repair invoice. But again, $1K can be plenty for others. It would depend on your lifestyle or your wants/needs.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.