Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is officially my lowest limit on major cards

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Discover is officially my lowest limit on major cards

@Davidasmithlpn wrote:

Can't wait for my discover  card to start growing. As of today it is officially my lowest limit major card.  (It just unsecured last month). It will be exciting to watch it grow. I have to give all the props with rebuilding my credit to this site. Less than 2 years ago I could only get a secured card and now I have over $25k of available  unsecured credit.

You have a huge number of cards, including some very low-rent cards... don't expect much. Discover likes to be your main card.

Granted, $1000 is poor. I just got an Amex with a £1500 limit and it's a bit disappointing as I could see myself wanting to spend more than that, say, on a computer.

As long as your CL matches what you want to spend, don't worry about it!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat yeah I understand what you're saying. I went a little app crazy in the first part of rebuilding. If I knew then what I knew now I would have definetly limited what I did. But since what is done is done all I can do is try and work on it now. Fortunately my AAoA is not too bad, it's 5.2 years.

I do plan on closing
Merrick Bank
Big Lots
Wayfair
Overstock

Which would leave me with 5 major cards and 3 store cards (all of which I would use)

MAJOR CARDS
Bank of America
Capital One
Navy cash rewards
Discover it
Sportsman guide (would like to close this eventually too)

STORE CARDS
Amazon prime
Walmart
Lowes
Message 22 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Davidasmithlpn wrote:
@nyancat yeah I understand what you're saying. I went a little app crazy in the first part of rebuilding. If I knew then what I knew now I would have definetly limited what I did. But since what is done is done all I can do is try and work on it now. Fortunately my AAoA is not too bad, it's 5.2 years.

I do plan on closing
Merrick Bank
Big Lots
Wayfair
Overstock

Which would leave me with 5 major cards and 3 store cards (all of which I would use)

MAJOR CARDS
Bank of America
Capital One
Navy cash rewards
Discover it

STORE CARDS
Amazon prime
Walmart
Lowes

+1

Looks like a great lineup to me!  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 24
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Davidasmithlpn wrote:

I do plan on closing
Merrick Bank
Big Lots
Wayfair
Overstock

MAJOR CARDS
Bank of America
Capital One
Navy cash rewards
Discover it

STORE CARDS
Amazon prime
Walmart
Lowes

That will give you a much nicer lineup. Do that, wait six months, and I'd bet Discover will give you a CLI.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.