Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it and "Recommended Offer"

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it and "Recommended Offer"

It's odd to see a Discover website without the More. It changes the look and feel, and honestly I'm not a huge fan. I understand the great benefits of the It and of Discover in general, but I will be holding off on application until I see how this changes approval odds, credit limits, rewards, etc. (if it does).  Not to mention, next year's categories aren't as appealing to me personally. Best of Luck to all of you who just received or will be applying for this card. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 26
ottergo4
Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference I see is the 1% back on purchases right out of the chute instead of .25%(or whatever it is) until you reach that $3000(or whatever amt.)  threshold.

Message 12 of 26
mustangy
Contributor

i got bcp Amex 13.5 k

boa signature 15k

chase 5k

Discover was sending me letters every 2 weeks and applied

here we go DENIED ???

739 fico (lender pull ) and total 40k credit  %5 Util discover denied  what is wrong with this guys just they wanna do hard pull to you ??

Thanks discover you are in my black list never ever will apply again

capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 13 of 26
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@ottergo4 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference I see is the 1% back on purchases right out of the chute instead of .25%(or whatever it is) until you reach that $3000(or whatever amt.)  threshold.

If that's correct, I will change my Discover More to the Discover it card.

Message 14 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@mustangy wrote:

i got bcp Amex 13.5 k

boa signature 15k

chase 5k

Discover was sending me letters every 2 weeks and applied

here we go DENIED ???

739 fico (lender pull ) and total 40k credit  %5 Util discover denied  what is wrong with this guys just they wanna do hard pull to you ??

Thanks discover you are in my black list never ever will apply again

They have some kind of system error, I believe. I applied after tons of pre-approvals too, and got the waiting message. I gave them a call and was approved instantly.

Message 15 of 26
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@ottergo4 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure that's true...

They aren't disclosing full Terms and Conditions of rewards on their website so maybe a current cardholder can verify. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 16 of 26
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

According to Phone Rep I spoke with about applying Discover does not to Pre-Approvals ABOVE just buying information about people that "may" fit... she said they can not HP or SP someone without more info... I asked if this was a new Discover Thing because I was pretty sure the "pre-approval" link use to actually find offers based on a SP and had seen someone get approved after doing this... she said not possible.

So I again said okay is this a Discover thing because if you are saying banks can't do SP to offer cards to you based on SP you are very wrong... we have many banks these days that make offers on website after SP.

still not sure, I have found Discover reps being much more knowledgable and nice in the past 6+ months then this lady was.

oh well Im not applying.

as far as iT, think it's basically exact same as More, I would switch for the card design! lol

Really?  For mass "pre-selected/pre-approved" mailings, the issuers just ask the CRAs for a list of matches against relatively general parameters (no BK in 5 years, no 60+ late in 2 years etc).  This is much cheaper than doing a full SP/HP on all the names (I would guess that a HP costs about the same as an SP, as it seems to be the same amount of work, just classified differently), which would be a huge waste of money as the majority of people won't apply.

So I can believe small selective mailings after a SP, but I would think that is the exception.  Happy to be proved wrong!

Message 17 of 26
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ottergo4 wrote:

If that's correct, I will change my Discover More to the Discover it card.

If that's the case I would switch over as well. Can anyone with the card confirm? On the site it says earn Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases* and when you cick on the * it lists the same rewards program as the More where you get .25 on your first 3000 in purchases and 1% on purchases thereafter.

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/exec?dynaviewMain=INFO&brand=MORE&sc=KB48&mboxS...

Message 18 of 26
jake619
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like More is less

Message 19 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Discover More and IT earn the same exact rewards. The difference is you can post your payment later, you're guaranteed US customer service, your card gets expedited shipping, and your first late payment is free. 

Discover IT - "REWARDS: We will send full terms and conditions with your card. Earn .25% Cashback Bonus® on your first $3000 in annual purchases and on all warehouse purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, discount stores and their affiliates. Earn 1% on purchases over $3000. Each quarterly 5% program has a cap on category purchases. The amount of the cap may change. 5% category purchases over the quarterly cap earn up to 1% Cashback Bonus. Warehouse and 5% category purchases do not count towards your first $3000. Click here to see the current 5% program details."

It looks like discover replaced ALL of their personal cards with the IT. I don't see the escape, miles, motiva, or more card on their website anymore. They also now have a Discover Student IT. I also don't see the open road, or student more card anymore. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.