cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it not eligible for 5% cashback bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it not eligible for 5% cashback bonus?

So I tried to activate the 5% cashback bonus on my Discover account and got a message saying my card isn't eligible.  I've had it since the beginning of the year, but I used it for a BT and haven't purchased anything with it yet.  Anyone else get this message?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it not eligible for 5% cashback bonus?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I tried to activate the 5% cashback bonus on my Discover account and got a message saying my card isn't eligible.  I've had it since the beginning of the year, but I used it for a BT and haven't purchased anything with it yet.  Anyone else get this message?

I activated my card for this quarter 5 % with no issue, thats odd you got that message

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT is the only discover card that is eligible for 5%. I've never heard of a card being declined when trying to sign up. I would call the CSRs and see if they can help.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Discover it card a few days ago and I had no problems selecting for Amazon.com for this quarter.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, just realized I have a Chrome it card and you don't get the caregories with it.  Never really looked at my card and thought there was only one it card. 2% on gas and resaurants might be good though.  I have a Freedom card and QS already.  

Message 5 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover IT is the only discover card that is eligible for 5%. I've never heard of a card being declined when trying to sign up. I would call the CSRs and see if they can help.

The Discover More card also can sign up for the same 5% categories, which is a good thing, because it awards all of 0.25% on the first $3k of non-category spend each year. I had a Discover More (Less) card until I PC'd it a few months ago to the it.

OP, have you tried to PC the card to the it?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Discover More card also can sign up for the same 5% categories, which is a good thing, because it awards all of 0.25% on the first $3k of non-category spend each year. I had a Discover More (Less) card until I PC'd it a few months ago to the it.

OP, have you tried to PC the card to the it?

Wait what?! The more is only 0.25%???? I'm going to have to upgrade my dad's to the It if that's the case! I thought it was 1%!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.