cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it offered me a pilot program-$39 balance credit each time I make my next 6 payments

tag
Expansion
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover it offered me a pilot program-$39 balance credit each time I make my next 6 payments

I have to say, out of Discover, Barclays, and Wells Fargo, Discover has been hands down the easiest to deal with out of all the ones I've called so far. - like, MASSIVELY easier.  

The frontline rep transfered me to the awesome special rep right away, and then my special rep was so excited to help me.  

Discover still wasn't able to help me with everything I asked for,

but just being able to get to the right person quickly and have them excited to help me,

and then offer me things I didn't even know were available,

felt a zillion times better than trying to do the same thing with WF where I think I spent an hour on the phone just trying to get to the right department.

THANK YOU DISCOVER.

Message 11 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover it offered me a pilot program-$39 balance credit each time I make my next 6 payments

@Expansion wrote:

I have to say, out of Discover, Barclays, and Wells Fargo, Discover has been hands down the easiest to deal with out of all the ones I've called so far. - like, MASSIVELY easier.  

The frontline rep transfered me to the awesome special rep right away, and then my special rep was so excited to help me.  

Discover still wasn't able to help me with everything I asked for,

but just being able to get to the right person quickly and have them excited to help me,

and then offer me things I didn't even know were available,

felt a zillion times better than trying to do the same thing with WF where I think I spent an hour on the phone just trying to get to the right department.

THANK YOU DISCOVER.

The more iv seen lately the more I think Discover is trying to capture and retain a broader audience than back in the days of Dean Witter and Sears... 

Really think the big push was around the time Amex was leaving Costco...  There was a time in the past where discover was rather selective and stingy.. 

Slotting in a secured offering ... and making it a more prominent offering (allowing direct apps vs the,, being offered the secured in lieu)...  and even programs like the OP mentioned are attempts to get more customers in the gamut of credit scores.... They want more folks to be able to carry their card.. but still trying to mitigate risk... 

They are trying to be accessable to a wider audience... Not saying everyones going to be eligible but a lot more folks can go this route than before...

Also by adding these foriegn acceptance networks to their card, i think discover is really trying to make their card more of a global player than in the past...

UnionPay, JCB, Diners, and all the smaller foreign acceptance networks.... The other thing is they dont have a slew of products....but solid offerings that are established on how they work...

The summary: It wants to be a player in most folks wallets and I predict it will be.. lower barrier to entry as well as competitive CLs for the folks with the scores/history/incomes...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.