Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it question

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it question

@jsucool76 wrote:
It doesnt say pre-approved LS. There is some tricks to finding out whether or not you've been pre-approved.

After you put in your info and get the "recommended card", you have to click the link that says "go to card builder" or something like that, and in there it will either say "sorry" or "congrats"

Another one, that i actually read about on myfico was if you scroll all the way down, and there is the opt in/out notice, that means pre-approval, but i dont know about that 100%

Oh ok, well its a little late for that now that I got one but ill keep that in mind Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Just give me yours and then you can app for a different one....
Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Just give me yours and then you can app for a different one...

hmmm...... Sure!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Cageym did it actually say you were pre-approved or did it say "recommended cards"

Discovers pre-approval is kind of odd.

I've never been able to get a pre-approval from their website. Smiley Indifferent

Same... it can never "find me in their systems" 

Message 14 of 18
alboto
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Cageym did it actually say you were pre-approved or did it say "recommended cards"

I've never been able to get a pre-approval from their website. Smiley Indifferent

I got the same answer when I click the "why wasn't I pre-approved"

"We were not able to pre-approve you

Since we couldn't find you in our records, we are unable to provide you with pre-approved offers. This may be due to a number of common circumstances including:

• If you recently changed your address
  • If you placed a freeze on your credit

You can still apply for any of the card offers you build in CardBuilder."

Message 15 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@alboto wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I got the same answer when I click the "why wasn't I pre-approved"

"We were not able to pre-approve you

Since we couldn't find you in our records, we are unable to provide you with pre-approved offers. This may be due to a number of common circumstances including:

• If you recently changed your address
  • If you placed a freeze on your credit

You can still apply for any of the card offers you build in CardBuilder."

Well that explains it Smiley Very Happy

However, I have lifted my freezes before and tried and still came up with nothing, maybe they heven't been able to SP when they try.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 18
Cageym
Established Contributor

Now I have to go back and see what it actually says! Thanks guys! EDIT: It comes back as a recommended card, and if I click on card builder it says "We were unable to pre-approve you based on the information provided". No worries, I was going to end up waiting 6 months or so anyway, and with NFCU and 2 Amex's I'm not all that concerned right now.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 17 of 18
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Just for the record, a CSR told me they use the same criteria both both cards so I would go ahead and apply for the It instead of the more as it is being phased out and has less perks.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.