Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover lowers my APR!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover lowers my APR!!!

Congrats on the APR reduction...you inspired me to get one..let me give it a shot and will update here.

Message 11 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the APR reduction...you inspired me to get one..let me give it a shot and will update here.

definitely go for it and report back with ya success story... All the best! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome!! How long have you had your Discover?? 

thanks and I've had it for more than 2 years now....

Message 13 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checking.  Does the temporarily lowered APR apply to existing balances?  When I got my Discover APR lowered, they said it would apply to new purchases only, but it was a permanent decrease.

not in my experience. promotional apr's apply to purchases made during the promotional period so it would only apply to the purchases made after they enrolled you in the 0%, not existing balances.

thanks for answering that, I wasnt quite sure if it applied to existing purchase balances but now I know.

Message 14 of 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

definitely go for it and report back with ya success story... All the best! Smiley Happy

Went on chat only to find out that I'm on Promo APR of 0% expiring in Aug 2016 and Promo balance transfer APR expiring Jan 2017. 

The agent mentioned that from August, it'll be 20.24% for purchases but I can go on chat when the Promo APR expires and they'll see what can be done..

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.