Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover matching donations to Red Cross for Haitian relief

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Discover matching donations to Red Cross for Haitian relief

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this so, if not, please move it.

I just logged on to my Discover account online and a popup message appeared.  It said that Discover will match  donations to the Red Cross for Haitian relief (up to 1 million dollars, total)

The donation must come from Cash Rewards. 

It only appeared once and only briefly, so I called Discover and the CSR confirmed that this is true.

I've always liked Discover . . . . now I like them even more.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover matching donations to Red Cross for Haitian relief

@Itsmeagain wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this so, if not, please move it.

I just logged on to my Discover account online and a popup message appeared.  It said that Discover will match  donations to the Red Cross for Haitian relief (up to 1 million dollars, total)

The donation must come from Cash Rewards. 

It only appeared once and only briefly, so I called Discover and the CSR confirmed that this is true.

I've always liked Discover . . . . now I like them even more.

Thanks for letting us know, I had already made a donation through my employer's matching program and just now I made another donation through Discover's program.  The need is of course enormous; Haiti is a country with an extremely tragic history.

For some historical background about the country, see this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=smorgasboard&message.id=19841#M19841

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 4
kyobakes
New Contributor

good PR move for them to do this.  Regardless, I had $40 something in bonus laying around, so I gave another $20 on top of my text donation.  Now let's just hope all this gets there quickly and to the people who need it the most.
Message 3 of 4
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I donated $20 from my cash back on top the $10 I gave the Red Cross.  I feel like giving more.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.