cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover more...APPROVED!! Now questions!

tag
paul26

Discover more...APPROVED!! Now questions!

hello all!

2 days ago i applied for the AMEX zync and was approved with NPSL
After work i was looking into the Discover more card and i pulled the trigger and was approved instantly (750 cl...atleast im in the door)

For those who are confused about the Discover "pre approval" page, i think i figured it out. When i put in my information it showed Discover more as a recommended offer and other additional offers. When you click the blue text in the card box, It showed me what MY apr would be BUT when  i clicked the other card blue texts, it says unable to find anything for me. Im assuming i was pre qualified for it.

NOW! I have my Capital one secured card (first credit card) from Dec 2011 and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to close this card.

thanks guys!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Discover more...APPROVED!! Now questions!

Is there an AF?  Because your history is so new it wouldn't hurt to close it.  You have to cards that can grow with you and eventually that Zinc can get you a BCE down the road.  If there's no AF I would keep it though for another few years to gain some history.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Don't close anything.

Get your feet wet in the unsecured credit market before even thinking of closing an account.

Slow and steady wins, every day.

Peace!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.