Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover not paying out on DD transaction

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover not paying out on DD transaction

Chase tried to do the same thing to me earlier this year. I bought a patio set through homedepot.com (through the UR portal) for an additional amount of cashback. 

When the transaction posted, it only posted 1% CB, instead of the 5% I was expecting. Chase stated that because I bought an item on sale, it didn't qualify for the addition UR portal CB offer. 

Eventually I got my money, because the T&C for homedepot.com said "clearance" merchandise was not eligible for the additional CB, but nothing about "sale" merchandise. 

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the deals also say something about making a purchase within 3 hours of clicking on the link - not defending them or anything - just providing an outsiders POV.

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The purchase didn't post to your Discover account.

Keep in mind that you still received the standard cashback bonus just for using your Discover card.

Huh?

Message 13 of 35
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The purchase didn't post to your Discover account.

Keep in mind that you still received the standard cashback bonus just for using your Discover card.

Huh?

Thats exactly what I was talking about. It make no sense. They are verifying that the charge was made on my Dicover card and at the same time saying it did not post to my account.

I plan to send an email to the EO but I wont be using Discover Deals again.

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here what you do. Talk with a supervisor, if they still don't honor the deal, then file buyer protection.
Message 15 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

In my experience, Discover is fairly reasonable when it comes to issues such as these.

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but sometimes a browser doesn't track properly, even if you had properly clicked the Discover deals portal link.  While there are no assurances, it's standard practice to clear cookes and caches right before clicking the portal link.  If you did click the link and Discover has no record of your having done so, a prior cookie may have kept Discover deals from tracking properly.

Again, not suggesting you didn't click the link, but I seriously doubt Discover would ever "intentionally" find a reason not to honor a legitimate cashback.

Message 16 of 35
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of you should read the thread in FT about Discover trying to deny the double cashback for Apple Pay. In their efforts to not pay on gift cards they are denying claims on charges that might include gift cards because of the amount of the charge by requiring people to send in receipts.  If you don't have the receipt, too bad.

appears doublecash back and apple pay is starting to hurt them in the ole pocket book.. Just like any other lender I forsee all these good things coming to an end as bottom line is king.  

@OP best of luck getting them to honor this request as that is a good chunk of change they owe you..

Can't see how the double cash back is hurting since they are not gonna pay out until next year some time. no one has received a single dime yet. its all the cash back you get this year will be doubled next year. and the 10% apple part does not end until the end of the year.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of you should read the thread in FT about Discover trying to deny the double cashback for Apple Pay. In their efforts to not pay on gift cards they are denying claims on charges that might include gift cards because of the amount of the charge by requiring people to send in receipts.  If you don't have the receipt, too bad.

appears doublecash back and apple pay is starting to hurt them in the ole pocket book.. Just like any other lender I forsee all these good things coming to an end as bottom line is king.  

@OP best of luck getting them to honor this request as that is a good chunk of change they owe you..

Can't see how the double cash back is hurting since they are not gonna pay out until next year some time. no one has received a single dime yet. its all the cash back you get this year will be doubled next year. and the 10% apple part does not end until the end of the year.

I'm assuming CC was talking about the projected pay outs. OP I hope every thing works out for you.

Message 18 of 35
taxi818
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming CC was talking about the projected pay outs. OP I hope every thing works out for you.

I agree. he was more than likely talking futures. I Think Disco is doing pretty well. honestly i think Apple is probably kicking them some cash to do the 10% cash back as a way of promoting apple pay.

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

I made a purchase through Discover Deals last month at Brookstone. The DD was 15% cashback, purchase was $540 so would be around $170 CB with the double cashback. I never received an email about this so I sent them a secure message and this is the rediculous response I got.  What does this even mean" it did not post to your Dicosver account"? The charge is on my Discover Card and I clicked therough DD when I made the purchase.

dicover.jpg

I don't think the double cash feature applies to the purchases made thru the discover shopping mall. It's only supposed to double your "cash back" obtained from categories and non categories 1% transaction. "Cash Back" is different than "Discover Deals", from  the Discover Mall.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.