Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover offer in the mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover offer in the mail

Hey All,

So I received 2 mailers from Discover for the Discover IT card. One in a pink envelope and one in gold or copper color. They are the same offer. 0% apr for 12 mos, then apr 16.24-19.24. Why the range? Would my apr just be somewhere in between? Does this mean that I'd likely get the card?

I really want the discover it miles soon because I plan to pay rent with discover. The fee is 3 bucks vs 62 for a visa. Miles has higher rate of cashback and still doubles. I have another thread on picking the card for rent if anyone wants to look at it. The Miles is the card that is best in this situation. With these mailers for Discover IT, would I likely be qualified for the Miles one?
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover offer in the mail

It looks good to get a specific range but i believe it all depends on your profile at the moment. Many have gotten specific offers such as this, myself included ,only to apply and be denied. Im sure many have also applied through the mailers and been approved. Its become my opinion that if its a card you can use and want, and you are able to spare an inquiry, its something worth trying. If you get it ,great , you got in with a card that you wanted and many says grows in time. If not, well ,at least you know where you stand. Best of luck on your decision and i hope others can help with their experiences. Cheers Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey All,

So I received 2 mailers from Discover for the Discover IT card. One in a pink envelope and one in gold or copper color. They are the same offer. 0% apr for 12 mos, then apr 16.24-19.24. Why the range? Would my apr just be somewhere in between? Does this mean that I'd likely get the card?

I really want the discover it miles soon because I plan to pay rent with discover. The fee is 3 bucks vs 62 for a visa. Miles has higher rate of cashback and still doubles. I have another thread on picking the card for rent if anyone wants to look at it. The Miles is the card that is best in this situation. With these mailers for Discover IT, would I likely be qualified for the Miles one?

It's probably marketing rather than a true prequalification. Usually a prequalification has one specific rate being offered.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@South Jamaica
I've heard different with discover. The website gives a broad range, 11-23 something. This is a smaller range. The website prequal is useless really. I have a invitation number to apply.

I guess I'm trying to figure my odds for the miles card. I don't know if they ever send prequals for that...
Message 4 of 8
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Discover either likes you or they don't. The only way to know for sure is to apply. Only 1 pull on TU isn't too much of a loss. I love Discover I think you should go for it.

@Anonymous wrote:
@South Jamaica
I've heard different with discover. The website gives a broad range, 11-23 something. This is a smaller range. The website prequal is useless really. I have a invitation number to apply.

I guess I'm trying to figure my odds for the miles card. I don't know if they ever send prequals for that...

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Credit_hawk.

I'm hoping it will be TU. I looked it up in credit pulls database, but no one seems to be using the mIles card. For my state, discover seemed to pull eq, ex, or tu. So I have no idea what they will do for that card. Ive read a lot from people here though that say TU.
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

And remember always possible for a double pullSmiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey All,

It's probably marketing rather than a true prequalification. Usually a prequalification has one specific rate being offered.

Yep, sounds like marketing to me.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.