Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval then 5-7 day message

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Discover pre-approval then 5-7 day message

So I got the discover pre-approval letter submitted it and got the old we will notify you in 5-7 days. Anyone have any feedback? I have one baddie, ratio of outstanding credit now is about 5%. Baddie will fall off in a few months. I guess I can wait and find out in a few days.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval then 5-7 day message

If you have already taken a hit for the inquiry I would definitely call the recon number at Discover and see what's up.  They're very professional and are pleasant to deal with. The decision made is computer generated so call them and talk to a person.  The possibilities in getting approved are much better this way.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Skinny,

I called the backdoor number and got approved after speaking with a credit analist. They asked me if $9000 was sufficient enough to start with I said "yes" haha! Thanks, i'm glad I called! I was about to say no I want $15000!

Message 3 of 10
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Good heavens!  LOL, that's great to hear.  Always a bit unsettling while talking to a credit analyst but it really does pay off at times.

I'm glad you called in and am excited for you.

Here's to happy credit scores!

Message 4 of 10
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

I'm making great progress, a little over a year and half ago, or close to that I got offered the HSBC $400 garbage offer after being declined by Discover.

Message 5 of 10
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Geat feeling aint it !! Congrats !! You must have been making wise choices Smiley Wink

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 6 of 10
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Congrats Discover will grow with u Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go to their website and see what the status of your credit application is.  When I applied, t took for days to be approved for $8000.

Message 8 of 10
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys, i'm done with apps now for a couple of years. I will maintain what I have and let the limits grow hopefully. 

Message 9 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@breakthecycle wrote:

Skinny,

I called the backdoor number and got approved after speaking with a credit analist. They asked me if $9000 was sufficient enough to start with I said "yes" haha! Thanks, i'm glad I called! I was about to say no I want $15000!

Wow that is a great limit!! Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.