Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre approve me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pre approve me

I was pre approve for 2 cards with discover but I scare to apply I’m still building up my credit ex673 eq685 tu685. Please help me what should I do
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover pre approve me

Do you need a new card? Any further info? I applied with lower scores and was approved for the cash back card.
Message 2 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Anonymous . Discover has been really solid for a while until recently. There have been reports that some trying for a card were PA'ed and got denied. Without knowing any history. If if you dont get the unsecured they may offer the secured card. It is a great card that will graduate. Least it didnt say we dont have any offers for you. 1 HP doesnt kill a credit report forever. Been a ton of approvals and CLI's lately from all lenders. Need i say more? Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover is a good card to build credit withSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Discover is a good card to build credit withSmiley Happy

You forgot to say and SMASH with...........Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

If you could use a new card for building credit, then Disco is probably one of your best options. The prequals tend to be solid, and Disco cards grow well. I don't see any problem with going for it unless you've opened a ton of new accounts lately. 

Congrats on the prequal and good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pre approvals are pretty solid. They tend to favor thinner profiles. It’s not all that uncommon to see Discover come through with higher starting lines especially if your other cards have lower limits.

For me, I was approved for $9500 in April of this year. My other limits were $300-500. My scores were in the same range as you. I can’t promise that your results will be the same and ultimately the decision to apply or not apply is up to you. Either way good luck with what you decide!
Message 7 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Discover is usually pretty solid, just prepare your report as much as possible prior to apping.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 14
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Your scores are solid, pre-qual is typically solid.  More information is always best, but otherwise....

source.gif

Message 9 of 14
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was pre approve for 2 cards with discover but I scare to apply I’m still building up my credit ex673 eq685 tu685. Please help me what should I do

If those are your FICO scores they are pretty good. I recently did a pre-qual on Disco site with a average of 650 Fico across the bureaus and got approved for the Disco IT card w/1000 sl. Credit pretty new with oldest account 1 yr 9 mth. Average 4-5 inquiries across bureaus.

You look solid for approval, let us know how it turns out.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.