Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover promo

tag
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Discover promo

Finally got something out of discover! No credit line increase of course but...

Great, I've applied the promotion to your account! Here's the information. The promotional rate of 0.00% will apply to new purchases made during the promotional period between transaction start date 10/17/2020 through transaction end date 10/16/2021. After rate expiration date 11/19/2021, your standard purchases APR, currently 22.99% will apply to any remaining balance. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Please note that purchases that post to your account after the promotional period will be subject to your standard purchases APR. You will receive a written confirmation of this offer.

I'll take it! It's been almost 9 months since my last increase so will see what happens at one year I suppose😁

PS: all I did was chatted and asked if there were any offers on my account and thats what they came back with.

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover promo

Very nice 0% offer. You do realize you can check for apr reductions every 6 months? But now that you have this promo you will need to wait til after it expires to check other offers. No 2 promos at once fyi. 

Message 2 of 9
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Very nice 0% offer. You do realize you can check for apr reductions every 6 months? But now that you have this promo you will need to wait til after it expires to check other offers. No 2 promos at once fyi. 

Nope i did not know that but I will bear that in mind thank you! I'm gonna ride out another 3 months and see if the eagle craps.(as my dad always said)🤑

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JeffMO wrote:

Nope i did not know that but I will bear that in mind thank you! I'm gonna ride out another 3 months and see if the eagle craps.(as my dad always said)🤑

lol. I just did an apr redux on my It card. Could have taken the 12 month promo, which is awesome by the way, and in this economy!. I can check offers on my Chrome in Nov. Definetly think of having 2 Discos, possibilties are endless lol, ie double cash, good promos, account combos etcSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@JeffMO wrote:

lol. I just did an apr redux on my It card. Could have taken the 12 month promo, which is awesome by the way, and in this economy!. I can check offers on my Chrome in Nov. Definetly think of having 2 Discos, possibilties are endless lol, ie double cash, good promos, account combos etcSmiley Wink

I can't imagine having two, I can't eek anything out of one card, I can imagine the headache two would be to try and grow lol. Who knows maybe the second card would be a whirlwind who knows. 2100 credit line compared to 10k makes it hard to even use for UTI alone.

Message 5 of 9
Innov8v

Just to add an additional data point here - I chatted them and asked about the same promo on my IT card from last year where the 0% has already ended. No questions asked - same promo was applied. Didn't even question that I already had another IT card from this year with a still active 0% APR. 

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Innov8v wrote:

Just to add an additional data point here - I chatted them and asked about the same promo on my IT card from last year where the 0% has already ended. No questions asked - same promo was applied. Didn't even question that I already had another IT card from this year with a still active 0% APR. 

good point but its ok to have 2 promos running so long as they are on different cardsSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Innov8v

Ah good to know. Common sense told me they'd just say "why don't you use the 0% apr card you have already?" - which would make sense haha. 

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Innov8v wrote:

Ah good to know. Common sense told me they'd just say "why don't you use the 0% apr card you have already?" - which would make sense haha. 

The great thing though about Discover, which most lenders wouldnt dream of doing is offering a new 0% apr purchase promo for 12 months right after an existing one! You'd  have to apply a whole new card for that in most cases. Bless Discovers heartSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.