Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You might also want to consider joining a Credit Union.

Btw, drop the CK scores. They are meaningless. Bad data. 😏

Thanks for the advice will do.

Can you ellaborate how a credit union factors into the equation? 

Credit unions are not for profit so they often have lower interest and have been known to give out higher limits (Navy Federal and PenFed especially for this one but a lot of credit unions aren't as conservative as banks).

Great Advice, Thank you

Take a look at my signature to get an idea -- and I'm very low income (18K) too.

@Anonymous if you barely squeak into a card like I did with SSFCU, most credit unions are capped at 18% interest so even though I maxed out their interest on that card, it won't go higher and my other cards were Capital One Plat @ 24.something, PlayStation @ 21.99%, and Ollo at 24.99% when SSFCU approved me.

Navy approved my cashRewards at the lowest 11.4% 6 months later.

That's really fantastic! I'm looking for a high enough CL to bring down utilization on a couple cards to zero or below 20%, not so much for the 0% to save on the interest. if you don't mind me asking what was the CL on that approval?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You might also want to consider joining a Credit Union.

Btw, drop the CK scores. They are meaningless. Bad data. 😏

Thanks for the advice will do.

Can you ellaborate how a credit union factors into the equation? 

Credit unions are not for profit so they often have lower interest and have been known to give out higher limits (Navy Federal and PenFed especially for this one but a lot of credit unions aren't as conservative as banks).

Great Advice, Thank you

Take a look at my signature to get an idea -- and I'm very low income (18K) too.

@Anonymous if you barely squeak into a card like I did with SSFCU, most credit unions are capped at 18% interest so even though I maxed out their interest on that card, it won't go higher and my other cards were Capital One Plat @ 24.something, PlayStation @ 21.99%, and Ollo at 24.99% when SSFCU approved me.

Navy approved my cashRewards at the lowest 11.4% 6 months later.

That's really fantastic! I'm looking for a high enough CL to bring down utilization on a couple cards to zero or below 20%, not so much for the 0% to save on the interest. if you don't mind me asking what was the CL on that approval?

First approval was $3000. They likely were a little bit leery of the fact that I opened three new cards in March, closed two old ones, and according to my report closed one of the new ones in May (I actually canceled with Amex but they reported two months so thats how it looks despite me never even activating it). I asked for $7500 for my CLI on 12/10 (91/3 was 12/6) and they gave me the full CLI I asked for after review when I was expecting a $5000 counter so I turned around and got a $500 CLOC the next day with instant approval and then on Sunday I got app trigger finger and applied for the Platinum and went to review and they came back a few hours later with $7200. The Platinum has a 12 month 0% BT offer which I am going to use to pay off a personal loan that's costing me over $300 a year in interest.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.