Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover...."Life gets better" email...

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Discover...."Life gets better" email...

I just received the email reminding me to use my balance transfer checks they recently mailed me. First of all, I am still under the double cashback promo on eligible purchases until July 2016. Secondly, this quarter is Restaurant/Movies (LOTS of potential here). There is no justification for moving any balance to them (no earnings) & reducing my available credit line otherwise.

And we keep right on rolling....

SisterGirl
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover...."Life gets better" email...

Nice...Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a rant, OP...?
Message 3 of 10
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Nah....no ranting from me  Smiley Wink

More thinking out loud on the forum perhaps for someone else to rethink the purpose if the same case scenario presents itself

SisterGirl
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Have the same thing but I said no to the balance transfer 0% promo. Unlike most people like u SisterGirl I cook at home and watch Netflix at home to save $$. What I did do was convert my regular discover it to the chrome because of gas since I drive a lot 2% along with doubling for new card members for first year. Mine is all about work I'm 25 going 6 months with no entertainment however the $$$ saving is working.
Message 5 of 10
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I cook at home mostly & I'm on the road a lot doing something in DFW on the weekend....there's so much to see & do in Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana when the weather is pretty. Aside from weekend adventures, day trips to various towns experiencing barbecue joints/seafood restaurants are pretty much my scene. Now that the NBA playoffs are underway, I will be pretty much planted at home.

Kudos to saving money !!!!!

SisterGirl
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad we're on the same page lets go Golden State Warriors I'm from Connecticut here is boring however I make the most of my time trying to stay away from spending at least for just only this summer.
Message 7 of 10
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I can dig it...*BIG* San Antonio Spurs fan here....born, raised (and still reside) in Dallas with nothing against the Mavericks ! We're off to a great start right tonight, but from what I witnessed last night....somebody might want to tell the Rockets this is the playoffs....not preseason because that game was not pretty for them Smiley Wink

SisterGirl
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good game against the girizzlies seems well meet at the west conference finals. I'm really a die heart knick fan (born and raised in Manhattan) However you see how we are doing so turned over to warriors. Still I go way back with spurs I speaking of it all I might itch for the BBVA card. Also do you like hockey because you have discover it card I'm going to request the NY Rangers logo
Message 9 of 10
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I have the BBVA Amex Spurs card....and I get a LOT of compliments on it !  Not into hockey, but the Dallas Stars are huge....all playoff games today have been INSANE & this Clippers/Trailblazers is red hot...crazy defensive ! Long week ahead because of night-after-night matchups, but it's all good when the phone goes on airplane mode & ipad updates live Twitter feeds...Smiley Happy 

Let us know how you do if you decide to apply....best wishes !

SisterGirl
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.