Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover refer a friend cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover refer a friend cashback

So I succesfully got someone to sign up for a discover card and they used my referral link when they applied for it.  Has anyone on here done this also?  If so how long until you received your cash back and was it doubled if you were in your first year?  Also did they send you anything saying that the application was approved and letting you know that it was accepted or anything? Because I havent received any notification from discover stating that theyve received it

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover refer a friend cashback

I had this happen in that they'd never credited me for it. I sent them a message and there was supposedly an investigation and I had to fight to get the cash back. I didn't even bother to fight about it being doubled, because I just didn't want to.. wasn't worth it to me.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats what i was afraid of.  I got on the chat with them and asked and they said that they didnt have any record of someone using my link (but i know they did i watched them do it), and its been a week since it happened.  I thought Id get an email or something at least.  all they said was that i would receive cash back within 5 weeks of the application being approved if they used my link.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this when I was first approved for my Discover secured card it took 2 weeks from the date that I posted my link online for me to get my credit. I hope you get yours soon.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did this when I was first approved for my Discover secured card it took 2 weeks from the date that I posted my link online for me to get my credit. I hope you get yours soon.

so it was only two weeks after the person you referred was approved that you got your $50?  did they send you any kind of notice after your friends application was approved?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I referred my husband and was told when I asked Discover that he did not use the link and they will not offer a referral bonus as a result.

The referral link was definitely utilized, not very happy about getting no bonus. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I referred my husband and was told when I asked Discover that he did not use the link and they will not offer a referral bonus as a result.

The referral link was definitely utilized, not very happy about getting no bonus. Smiley Sad

oh wow, im going to be mad if thats the case for me.  i watched the entire process to make sure everything was done right and i know it was im about to hop on chat again and see what they say

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine my first statement, listed as "$50 CASHBACK BONUS W/1ST PURCH"

it will be doubled 12 months from when I applied.  Also the person that referred me got theirs during their current statement they referred me.

The $75 amazon one allegedly does not double, and not only that you are missing out on getting someone else a $50 referral. So 75 now, nothing later, and nothing for anyone else, VS 50 now and 50 in a year times two!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it was roughly two weeks. I didn't know the person that applied because I posted my link on a Facebook page. No I didn't get a notice until after $50 bonus was applied and I chatted with a rep who told me what it was for. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience I have always recieved my $50 cashback reward for refferals. I recieve it when my statement cuts. But if the person applies and gets approved really close to my statement cut day I wouldnt see it until the next statement cut. Also Discover never sends me anything alerting me of the approved referral.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.