Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover refer a friend cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover refer a friend cashback

How does this referral thing/link work?  I got someone to apply for Discover about 2 weeks ago but just verbally told them to go for it, I didn't know of any referral bonus or link I could provide for them.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Earn section on Discover.com, click Refer a Friend to get your URL.

If a person uses adblock or other software it may interfere with the referral tracking if not disabled. Also, links generated using the old refer a friend system with the dashboard for tracking (over 4 months ago) will not generate referral credit, but will allow the person to apply and be approved.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earn might be called Rewards or something similar. Might be confused between card sites.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn.  Live and learn for next time.  I got my father to get a Discover card a few weeks ago.  Would have been nice to get that $50, although it seems a handful in is thread unfortunately never received it.

Message 14 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Darn.  Live and learn for next time.  I got my father to get a Discover card a few weeks ago.  Would have been nice to get that $50, although it seems a handful in is thread unfortunately never received it.

I fought for it and got it.. but you have to be persistent. I basically told them I literally watched them do it, and they were approved. That I could give them their name, if necessary. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I fought for it and got it.. but you have to be persistent. I basically told them I literally watched them do it, and they were approved. That I could give them their name, if necessary. 

thats what im going to do in 5 weeks if they dont issue me the cash back.  Ill tell them everything about the person that used my link, that I WATCHED them do it, and that i saw the application approved.  

I did see in the fine print for the refer a friend bonus though that they give no notice to you when its approved, it will just simply show up in your cash back.  so hopefully on my next statement on 1/27 i will have it.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

You had them use the "link" though when applying, right?  I didn't do this, so I'm not sure if I have any recourse after the fact.  My father does have the same name as me though, so perhaps that could help my case if both I and he were to contact CS and say that I referred him.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.