Did you mean: 

Discover request my 4506-T tax documents

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover request my 4506-T tax documents

@jologan79 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Didn't you just post a ? about cli request for dw?  Are you going to hold off until you see how this plays out?  (If that wasn't you....scratch)

GL and plz do post back.

YES.... Smiley LOL The DW post was about her. This one is about me...

Yeah, I meant to ask if she was going to hold off on requesting a cli until you see how this plays out on your card.  Sorry 'bout that.

Well one things for sure...Discover figured out how to get us concentrating on other things besides trying to figure out what makes that Disco Gravy Train go Choo-Choo!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sure is a raw deal. You apply,  you get the "congratulations, you've been approved, a $6,500 credit line, you should receive the card in 7-10 business days", and then get "we need the following information on your account", and that means if you don't provide it, they might cancel your card. One might have thought when you applied they would have said we need more information to process your application......

Message 12 of 24
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That sure is a raw deal. You apply,  you get the "congratulations, you've been approved, a $6,500 credit line, you should receive the card in 7-10 business days", and then get "we need the following information on your account", and that means if you don't provide it, they might cancel your card. One might have thought when you applied they would have said we need more information to process your application......

Just trying to piece something together:

So Discover only pulls EQ or Exp if it's from a pre-qual?  According to that "which bank pulls which report" chart.  OP, did you do the pre-qual and apply or did you cold app?  Cause the chart shows Exp pull if it's a cold app.  

eta: just wondering if they pull Exp, approve and maybe sp EQ but then get shortly after a notice from EQ to request 4506-T.  Like maybe that's the delay between approval/requesting.  IDK!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 24
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

I prequaled in dec and then apped, EX was pulled.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14 of 24
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:
I prequaled in dec and then apped, EX was pulled.

Ditto, no 4506T here *crosses fingers*

Message 15 of 24
scfc1972
Valued Member

This is exactly what happened to me. Sucked. 

I now make twice as much as I had done in the tax year prior. They closed my account as a result. BS - won't be attempting to bank with them in the future.

Capital One - Secured Platinum $500
Capital One - Quicksilver $8000
Wells Fargo - Active Cash $2500
American Express - Blue Cash Everyday $26000
American Express - Hilton Honors $2000
Apple Card $6500
American Express - Gold NPSL
Amazon Store Card $10000
Citi - Double Cash $6200
American Express - Blue Business Plus - $2000
American Express - Amazon Business - $3000
American Express - Platinum NPSL
Capital One Auto Loan - 17,740 48 months @ 2.99% (refi)
Message 16 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They also pull others than EQ/Exp or TU.. they pull 3rd party sources as well which is the reason probably alot of people are having this issue as something isnt matching up financially or on another front..  Many other sources exists that can show income differences than reported on apps and what is shown on tax returns among other things...Such things could be EWS, the work number, etc.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does seem rather weird that Discover wants Tax docs for $6500K, neanwhile PayPal just gave you $100K.

How bizarre.

Message 18 of 24
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does seem rather weird that Discover wants Tax docs for $6500K, neanwhile PayPal just gave you $100K.

How bizarre.

The computers are taking control.

Message 19 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How bizarre.

$6500K would require tax docs from almost any issuer!  $6500 not so much

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.