Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover revised terms notice, effective July 2019

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Terms Change - Effective July 1, 2019

Yes, this was discussed a few weeks ago.

Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Terms Change - Effective July 1, 2019

Hmm, it appears I missed that secure message. Nothing in my inbox!
Message 42 of 52
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover revised terms notice, effective July 2019

I haven’t received any alerts or emails. But my account is very new. Actually opened it on February 3rd and just made my first payment today that’s 4 days early of due date. It’s very unusual that I opened the account On February 3rd and it cycled until closing date of March 20th. Anyways I have a BT offer for 15 months @ 3%. Thanks for the heads up. 👍
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 43 of 52
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I receive a paper bill (extra reminder to pay since I won’t use auto pay). And gad an insert with tge revised terms and conditions.

Message 44 of 52
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I got this email but I quickly sent it to trash because it's a SD card lol.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oddly enough discover has been one of my slowest trades to grow. Hmm....
Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover raising balance transfer fee to 5%?

so.  i did a balance transfer yesterday and today i got an email saying my fee will go to 5% on july 1.  just curious if anyone else got this email or if it just my account thats been targeted as i use the transfer function pretty often.  it says i can reject the change but will no longer have acces to transfers if I do.

also a bunch of late fee charges ect are raised but they dont apply to me as i pay the day the bill cuts.

so anyone wih an it card just get this email?

Message 47 of 52
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover raising balance transfer fee to 5%?

I’ve never done a BT, but that seems like a fairly high fee. Oh well, I love me some Disco

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’ve never done a BT, but that seems like a fairly high fee. Oh well, I love me some Disco

The 5% seems to be cropping up now. Chase changed their's recently and I have seen it elsewhere. The new norm because so many darn MyFicoer's pay their bills and the lenders can't make a buck! Smiley Surprised

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got that same notice in my email this morning. Maybe they're seeing a trend of more and more people doing BTs, and less swipes. They gotta collect fees somehow. lol

5% seems to be the norm on most CC, with only a few @ 3% and a handfull of CUs@ 0. Which means I'll probably slow down on them as 3% was pushing it, but 5% is highway robbery. Especially with higher amounts, that's $50 per $1K. 

Though I guess it's better than paying 21.9-27.9% on $1K+ Balances.

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.