Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's Lowest APR?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Discover's Lowest APR?

Hi All

Just fishing really - What is the lowest APR that you have for Discover? (I was prequal'd for 13.74% - wondering how low they go? - this is after 14 months at 0%)

Thanks All Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover's Lowest APR?

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

Just fishing really - What is the lowest APR that you have for Discover? (I was prequal'd for 13.74% - wondering how low they go? - this is after 14 months at 0%)

Thanks All Smiley Wink

Mine is 12.99%

Message 2 of 17
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

awesome - good to see a card coming out with realistic rates! lol, thanks Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

Thanks All Smiley Wink

As you know, you have the lowest posted rate you can get. Later on, Discover may adjust the Apr to less than the posted rate for their better risks.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi All

Thanks All Smiley Wink

As you know, you have the lowest posted rate you can get. Later on, Discover may adjust the Apr to less than the posted rate for their better risks.

Yeah, about a week ago, I didn't know my rates on my cards. I've been PIF for 15+ years. I don't use the rates. Other than 0%.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

10.99% as of July 2020. May ask them for single digits.  In reality I do not look at APR often as I PIF. Only carry balances when I get a 0% offer for 12-18 months. Use the interest free loan to show card activity and invest the money to make more $$.

Message 6 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I called about a year ago seeking extra cash back and got a year at 0%. Account is now about 6 years old.

Regular APR is fairly high...maybe 16.xx something? I only carry at 0%.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 17
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Hmmm, I went to check my rate on my last statement and it shows 0% until 10/20/20. I never pay attention to APR since I always PIF, so I'm not sure if this came with the card (got it last August) or if they added a promo on it at some point.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

11.99%

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

9.99% here

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.