Did you mean: 

Discover's Lowest APR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover's Lowest APR?

@Anonymous wrote:

9.99% here

Very nice.  I called a couple of months ago or so to get mine lowered.  I asked the CSR what is the lowest APR she had ever seen.  She said ten something.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

5.99% but i am military.

Message 12 of 17
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Mine is 9.99% but I have had this card since 1989! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 13 of 17
galahad15
Valued Contributor

9.99% V currently

Before CARD Act and the Great Recession of 2007-2008, for a while they had me at 5.24% V, before applying a rate jack because of the economic conditions.

Message 14 of 17
FlaDude
Established Contributor

I can't say for sure with Discover, but the cardmember agreement for most or all of my cards shows the range of interest rates (lowest and highest) a card can have.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 15 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FlaDude wrote:

I can't say for sure with Discover, but the cardmember agreement for most or all of my cards shows the range of interest rates (lowest and highest) a card can have.

Cards can go lower than the published APR..  I have many cards below lowest listed due to numerous methods

Message 16 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Currently Miss Disco standard rate for my account is 11.99... Iv seen single digit APRs for standard rate with Miss Disco..  If it wasnt such a crappy time, id be hitting her up next year to see if i can drop it lower....  Iv seen paper offers *PRE pandemic* for 10s.... which is still lower than their typical range of rates... (Family member got offered a discover with a 10.x rate AND the 18month 0% and the 0%bt offer) 

But i have a 0% offer untill Dec =) 

-J

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.