Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured can be switched to 5% rotating categories

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Discover secured can be switched to 5% rotating categories

I'm not sure it's technically a product change, but, you can switch from the 2% restaurants/gas version to the 5% rotating categories version. I asked in chat, and the CSR said "sure" and told me it'll switch on August 19. I can keep using the same card or request a new one. The cash back match after 12 months is unaffected, I'll just accrue cash back differently starting Aug. 19.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, thought I'd post in case people weren't aware.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover secured can be switched to 5% rotating categories

Thanks for the info !
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also did this when my Discover was secured. 

Last October I was told by a CSR that I had to wait for my first statement before they could approve the product change. I called back after that and my rewards changed over after billing cycle #2.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't work. CSR said I have to wait until I graduate or 12 statements.
Message 4 of 6
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, maybe try again via chat, your CSR might be mistaken. I am two statements in, and not graduated. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KJinNC wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, maybe try again via chat, your CSR might be mistaken. I am two statements in, and not graduated. Good luck!

Update: Due to a security freeze, I made to manually call in to do the change-over. I am now an IT card holder!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.