Goal Score:730> 660EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured card graduated??

@memee1978 wrote:

Still waiting my statement.  :/

Im curious if your statement made it yet and if you graduated?

Message 22 of 32
memee1978
New Contributor

I haven't graduated yet.My scores last month was in the 640's .Now there in the 660's .Dont know if that will nake any difference.I turned a year in March this year.
hr>Starting Score: 623eq
Current Score 660TU

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully you will get good news this next statement, seems like I've read that discover and BOA both like to see 660's before graduation
Message 24 of 32
memee1978
New Contributor

I've heard of some being over 660 and still haven't graduated.Maybe it's the computer making the decision.
Current Score 660TU

Message 25 of 32
memee1978
New Contributor

Do the cards unsecure on the statement date or before? Or is it possible that it can unsecure when the Discover card Fico updates?

Current Score 660TU

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@memee1978 wrote:

Do the cards unsecure on the statement date or before? Or is it possible that it can unsecure when the Discover card Fico updates?

I was told they review the day the statement cuts.

I got mine in November of 2014.  It hasn't graduated yet, and I just talked to them the other day about it.  Monthly reviews, based upon your entire credit report, not just your history with Discover.  I was praised for my history with Discover so far (use it all the time, multiple payments a month, etc) and asked if I wanted to increase my credit line with an additional security deposit, which I declined at the time but I'm thinking about it.

I was also told that adding more for a deposit won't affect the reviews (in fact, she said "Oh heavens no!") so it may not be a bad idea to increase your credit line, if you can afford it, so when it does eventually unsecure it'll be a higher line, particularly for those with $200 credit lines, because a CLI after graduation isn't guaranteed (we all know how funny Discover can be anyway).

I'm thinking I may bring mine up to $1000 or more in the next month or so if it doesn't graduate on my statement day on the 5th.  My limit is very limiting right now, heh.

Message 27 of 32
memee1978
New Contributor

My limit is 1200. My mid fico scores is like 660 now.I hope it graduates . I've had mine since last March.
Current Score 660TU

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's March of 2017 and my Discover card has been with me for a year now, I put $200 down for the deposit . I have used it everyday for anything from 5 to $150 purchases... I have either paid it off in full every month or I pay it off within 2 months and fluctuated from a $0 balance to a $25 balance carryover... I figured by doing so that no matter what that I would do what Discover Card wants to see me do, so they would make it unsecured. When I got the card my range for credit score was 560 to 580 and I currently sit at a 650.
So now all that being said and all of the time and effort I put in trying to make it a good tradeline history, I called yesterday and they refused to to graduate it. I guess all things being equal I should have just gotten the card and cut it up... history would still be the exact same and my score still would have gone up. So I cut it up this morning... they don't charge an annual fee and if they want to hold on to the $200 for the next ten years while they keep reporting to the bureau's then that's fine with me. Or they can cancel it in a year after they realize I'm never using it again and give me the two hundred bucks back.
Oh well.
Message 29 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's March of 2017 and my Discover card has been with me for a year now, I put $200 down for the deposit . I have used it everyday for anything from 5 to $150 purchases... I have either paid it off in full every month or I pay it off within 2 months and fluctuated from a $0 balance to a $25 balance carryover... I figured by doing so that no matter what that I would do what Discover Card wants to see me do, so they would make it unsecured. When I got the card my range for credit score was 560 to 580 and I currently sit at a 650.
So now all that being said and all of the time and effort I put in trying to make it a good tradeline history, I called yesterday and they refused to to graduate it. I guess all things being equal I should have just gotten the card and cut it up... history would still be the exact same and my score still would have gone up. So I cut it up this morning... they don't charge an annual fee and if they want to hold on to the $200 for the next ten years while they keep reporting to the bureau's then that's fine with me. Or they can cancel it in a year after they realize I'm never using it again and give me the two hundred bucks back.
Oh well.

Bitter much?

considering your starting point of 580 and now being up to 650 it's made a difference.

even though you cut the card up and are frustrated you really should just put netflix or something on it and setup autopay.  micromanaging Disco doesn't really produce results.  Calling them doesn't do anything either.  The only time you should call is if you're going to take a HP for a CLI that doesn't meet your expectations.

Put your big boy/girl pant/ies on and get over yourself.  Everyone starts somewhere and it doesn't happen overnight ever!  650 being the cusp of greatness you're almost there for a conversion.  You just need to use it every month and pay it every month to generate positive activity for them to review.  It doesn't have to be 10000/mo in swipes to get them to grow.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.