Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured card

I started my Discover secured card 7 months ago and my card finally unsecured on the seventh statement today I started off with a $200 limit and after the unsecured me to 1200 and is refunding my deposit I just wanted to do updated forum for other people that are wondering if the card still unsecured by the seven statement
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover secured card

CongratsSmiley Happy Thsnks for sharing!
Message 2 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduating!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 🎉
Do you mind if I ask what your scores are?
My 7th statement cuts tomorrow or the next day and I'm chewing my nails off over here. LOL 😂
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

score is 650 and it updated 4 days after statement i just logged on on my account it had the new balance I was wondering the same thing I didn't get an email it just was automatically increased and I called and they said that my deposit has been sent out
Message 5 of 14
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

😂😂
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome Kimbella! ☺
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I started my Discover secured card 7 months ago and my card finally unsecured on the seventh statement today I started off with a $200 limit and after the unsecured me to 1200 and is refunding my deposit I just wanted to do updated forum for other people that are wondering if the card still unsecured by the seven statement

Congrats, and the CLI.      Mine grad in 7months, i never got a letter/email about it.  didn't even know, since my limit didnt change, just unsecured.  

Message 8 of 14
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Mine unsecured two weeks ago, $200 limit with no CLI and then I got denied when I wanted to get the CLI.

Got a letter in the mail saying "INSUFFICIENT TIME WITH CURRENT CREDIT LIMIT" 

Even though I technically had that credit limit, albeit secured, for 14 months before the car graduated, Going to wait my 90 days for another CLI. They seem to be unsecuring a lot of cards lately. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 9 of 14
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and enjoy your new limit!  And I agreed, Discover seems to be "cleaning house", unsecuring a lot of cards lately.  Maybe their guidelines changed or someone updated their computers.  Either way, I'm glad they finally got around to me after 30 months...lol.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.