Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured product change consequences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured product change consequences

Just wanted to inform everyone that you CAN product change your Discover Secured card to another type of discover card, however, if you do this, you will forfeit your cash back match. This to me was not in my best interest, so at 9 months with only a few months left I decided to keep mine as secured version of chrome and wait it out to get my cash back match. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured product change consequences

Where are you getting this information from? I product changed my secured card and did not lose my cash back match.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it from the CSR i spoke to less than 24 hours ago. That was the stipulation she gave me. I'm not sure if it's because she made an error in judgement and/or policy, or if it's the result of new policy. Nevertheless, it's what she informed me of.

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you getting this information from? I product changed my secured card and did not lose my cash back match.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pcd my secure a couple months ago- my cashback match is still there... not sure why they would tell you that? Unless maybe your were trying to PC it to Miles or something else??
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really have no idea why they would say it to me. Although a csr with little knowledge on their products wouldnt really surprise me. I was trying for the discover it cash back.
Message 5 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really have no idea why they would say it to me. Although a csr with little knowledge on their products wouldnt really surprise me. I was trying for the discover it cash back.

I suggest calling back and speaking to another CSR and even a supervisor if necessary.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took your advice and called back, spoke to a different CSR and they were able to convert me without the loss of the cash back match. The other person just didnt know what they were talking about. 

Message 7 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took your advice and called back, spoke to a different CSR and they were able to convert me without the loss of the cash back match. The other person just didnt know what they were talking about. 

WooHoo!!!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats! Glad you did not loose the Cash Match or have to wait a long time!

Message 9 of 11
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

By "product change", do you mean graduating a secured Discover It to an unsecured Discover It? They say they start automatically considering you for this after your seventh statement (eighth month). Congrats on getting it converted!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.